Ken Campbell, RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken Campbell, RIP

Died on Sunday. Did I miss a thread? I can't find a mention on the BBC site.

Ken Campbell, RIP

Like flies...

I saw him in Art with Warren Mitchell and John Fortune.

Comment

Ken Campbell, RIP

RIP and all that but I saw him do a rather sparsely attended one man show thing at Greenwich about 10 years ago and I thought it was absolutely wretched - I simply didn't get it at all, couldn't get a handle on what appeared to be a series of unfinished non-sequiturs loosely themed around science and religion delivered in rasping, braying tones, going around in little loop de loops without ever arriving at a point. Neither could anyone else attending, I have to say. Maybe it was me being obtuse - the Vic Reeves penny took a long time to drop for me - or maybe you had to be finely and specifically attuned to the improv comedy signals he was transmitting.

Comment

Ken Campbell, RIP

He did a play (based on the Illuminatus! books) with one of The KLF, didn't he?

Comment

Ken Campbell, RIP

I have to admit, my abiding memory of Ken Campbell is his appearance in "What have the BBC ever given us?"

I notice Colin Baker is suspiciously absent from that promo. "...and Science Fiction!"

Comment

Ken Campbell, RIP

Trouble with Ken Campbell was that whenever I saw him appearing as himself on anything he came across as every bit as caustic and obnoxious as the character he played in The Anniversary episode of Fawlty Towers. "All right, Bas?"

Comment

Ken Campbell, RIP

Purves Grundy wrote:
              Trouble with Ken Campbell was that whenever I saw him appearing as himself on anything he came across as every bit as caustic and obnoxious as the character he played in The Anniversary episode of Fawlty Towers. "All right, Bas?"
              He struck me as being a cross between a friendly, wise uncle-type and Phil Cornwell. In other words, part of the time I'd agree with PG.

Comment

Working...
              X