Dara O'Briain's Going 8-Bit telly programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caught an episode of this last night. David James was on one of the teams. He didn't do very well and didn't take losing very graciously.

It's not a bad concept. Celebrities battle each other in classic and the latest computer games. Quite good fun.

Anyone else seen it. The show is on Dave.

Watching a television programme of other people playing computer games? The end can't come soon enough...

Comment

I'd stay off YouTube then.

Comment

I saw it. I'm not a huge fan of the concept, though I like the retro twist on Games Master. Chuckie Egg was awesome. More BBC Micro games please. The quality of episodes is going to be highly dependent on the guests, though, I think. Also I don't really understand what the spinning set was for.

Comment

Patrick Thistle wrote: David James was on one of the teams. He didn't do very well and didn't take losing very graciously.
          Seeing as David James attributed his lapses in concentration to playing video games, I at least expected him to be good at them.

Comment

I want the Tetris T-shirt. That's the nicest thing I can say - you think I'd be all over a show like that if you've ever seen what surrounds my TV but it was just... meh. As hobbes has mentioned, most people who should be interested will already have various YouTube subscriptions set up.

However, I could be won over if any of them played Cratermaze on the TurboGrafx.

Comment

Working...
            X