Bourne again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bourne again

Went to see Jason Bourne tonight. Twas OK. Bit tense and unsmiling throughout.

Classic bit of computerism though - put all the top secret docs about top secret off the books stuff in a desktop file called 'Black Operations'.

Bourne again

It was ok, I agree and did feel a little monotonous.

I noticed that about the Black Ops folder as well.

And, contrary to all of my experience with trying to make computers do what I want to, in films, all of the software has an intuitive interface with helpful and detailed alerts and error messages that help the user sort out any problems. Whereas the trained and knowledgeable IT guys at my firm could not, despite hours of effort, figure out why my scanner wouldn't work and the Apple people have no idea why my TV suddenly refused to acknowledge the existence of my Apple TV.

**spoiler***
    And wouldn't somebody notice that the head of the CIA is meeting with Mark Zuckerberg (or his fictional equivalent) for lunch in broad daylight in a fairly busy DC restaurant, and then trigger a massive media and civil rights freakout? (appropriately, I think).

And wouldn't the massive security presence at that conference notice that there's a large, easily accessible air vent with a perfect vantage on the stage?

And Alicia Vikander is 27. No matter how smart she is, there's no version of reality in which she could rise to the head of the CIA so quickly.

Comment

Bourne again

Pretty much what I expected from a Bourne movie, with a bit of NSA-style shenanigans. If you liked the first three, you'll probably like this one.

And no one does action sequences like Paul Greengrass.

Comment

Working...
      X