Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst film you've watched - all the way through!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of this giving in after 20 mins, and pretending to go to sleep, or going out to make a cuppa, and returning after an hour, name the crappest film you've stuck with all the way to the bitter, and undoubtedly disappointing, end.

You'll not beat Timelapse.

I like time travelly stuff, so this is why I stuck with this at first, then I kept with it because I thought, well, it had to improve.

I was wrong. It was crap. One good idea - a camera that takes pictures of the future - and nowt else. Idiot characters doing idiot things, then they did stupider things, then a chronically stupid idiotic ending.

I was sober as well.
    B@stards.

Anyone who says they enjoyed this drivel is clearly lying.

As I say, I'm pretty patient with a bad film, but the one that had me (figuratively) howling "When will this END?" was Where The Wild Things Are. It's 104 minutes long (for some incomprehensible reason) but felt more like a whole day.

Comment

Well this surely has to be either of the Matrix sequels. The first film was a complete pile of shit, and the sequels were like rampaging children screaming, running through and kicking that pile all around the room.

Comment

I watched Eat Pray Love all the way through because I was in a cinema with my wife, who didn't have the same visceral reaction I had.

The mix of badness, smugness and triteness was stomach churning.

I think that was probably the worst.

Boyhood pushed it close. At least that I watched at home, so could distract myself with cooking, drinking, checking my phone, reading a book. So I'm not sure if it counts as "watching all the was through".

Comment

Fantasia.

Comment

Ferris Buelers Day Off, watched it for the same reason I read The Bell Jar some years earlier.

Comment

Squarewheelbike wrote: Ferris Buelers Day Off, watched it for the same reason I read The Bell Jar some years earlier.
              Were you trying to get into someone's underwear?

Comment

Gerontophile wrote:
                Originally posted by Squarewheelbike
                Ferris Buelers Day Off, watched it for the same reason I read The Bell Jar some years earlier.
                Were you trying to get into someone's underwear?
                As Private Eye used to say, "natch".

Comment

'Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl'

Comment

San Bernardhinault wrote: I watched Eat Pray Love all the way through because I was in a cinema with my wife, who didn't have the same visceral reaction I had.

The mix of badness, smugness and triteness was stomach churning.

I think that was probably the worst.

Boyhood pushed it close. At least that I watched at home, so could distract myself with cooking, drinking, checking my phone, reading a book. So I'm not sure if it counts as "watching all the was through".
                    Man, I loved 'Boyhood'.

Comment

In recent years, Kidulthood - one of the single most depressing experiences of my life.

In terms of being the grimmest, probably Eden Lake - a much-vaunted movie that I simply found both relentlessly horrific and bereft of any discernible moral compass.

However, if we're looking for a film that was universally rated, but that I sat through and thought was sh*t, then The Piano wins hands down.

Comment

[strike]Blind Date, directed by Blake Edwards and starring Bruce Willis and Kim Basinger is the single worst film I've ever seen.[/strike]

How could I have forgotten Inside Out? I must have sat through it a dozen times now. It was enervating almost beyond endurance the first time.

Comment

Actually, there's another: I once sat through Blood In, Blood Out (look it up, or better still, don't bother) as a reviewer. Three and a half bloody hours. What a pile of camel's gonads that was.

I was a little more constructive in my review. But not much.

Comment

What is wrong with you people?

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is an important American classic.

Inside Out was great.

The first Matrix was great. Flawed, but great.

Comment

the time machine with guy pearce and samantha mumba was memorably awful, but alas, i stuck through it. if only i had my own time machine, i'd........etc

Comment

I bought FBDO for my kids for $5 and I think they've watched it 8 or 10 times in the past two months alone. It's brilliant.

Comment

Close the thread.

Comment

It always used to be The Terminator, but then I watched 300.

Comment

1492. Twice.

Comment

hobbes wrote: Avatar.
                                        Close the thread.
                                        Pretty much. Saw it at the cinema while visiting a friend, so couldn't walk/flounce/storm out as I didn't really know where we were, and he seemed to think it was OK.

Also The Grudge, an attempt to cash in on the success of Ringu/The Ring by remaking another Japanese horror film, this time as a vehicle for Sarah Michelle Gellar, whose subsequent downward career trajectory was fully deserved.

Comment

Quite liked Avatar. Rubbish, but pretty rubbish.

Worst for me: The Jackal.

Comment

Oh, and Spiceworld, but I don't really count that as it was New Year's Day in Adelaide and the only place open with decent aircon was the cinema.

Comment

Problem Child. It's normally impossible to condone violence against minors but after watching that, you'd be tempted.

Comment

Pearl Harbor. The last half hour appears to be the result of some kind of bet with the producers as to how many times they can shoehorn the word "mission" into the script. Utterly woeful.

Comment

I'm still thoroughly angry at my friends for dragging me to the cinema to watch G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra with them.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X