The Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cup

Football + television + comedy usually = pretty dicey at the best of times. But I saw the second half of this last week and thought it had potential. Anyone else watching?

BBC2 tonight, 9:30.

The Cup

Missed the second but saw the first and, as a youth football coach, it is was worryingly accurate and patchily funny.

The shot of the two boys who were top scorers celebrating happily with each other while their two dads argued about who got the goal was a lovely touch

I wonder how much of it was based on "You'll Win Nothing With Kids" by Jim White which is equally funny and accurate

Comment

The Cup

It's based on (to the extent of using some of the same dialogue) a Canadian sitcom about young ice hockey players.

I was totally put off by a few bad reviews, so I haven't seen it. In particular, they said there was no need for it to be a mockumentary.

Comment

The Cup

This isn't about the same-titled movie set in a Tibetan monastery about two young men trying to see the final of the 1998 World Cup?

Because that is really, really good.

Comment

The Cup

I wonder how much of it was based on "You'll Win Nothing With Kids" by Jim White which is equally funny and accurate

That's promising because I've just bought that and it's next on my reading list.

Comment

Working...
          X