The Future of UK TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Future of UK TV

Recently our family acquired our first new tv set in almost 10 years. We were also wondering whether or not to buy another PVR set top box and maybe even dip a toe in something like Amazon Prime or Netflix. I'm happy with the choices we've made so far, but I wish I'd had this document to consult at the time:

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/700MHz/discussion/Mediatique.pdf

Ofcom commissioned Mediatique to map out the UK tv landscape now and in the foreseeable future and this report is the result. Maybe it will only be me, but I have found it a genuinely fascinating read.

For me, the best part of it is understanding the current positions of Sky, BT, TalkTalk, Netflix, Amazon, BBC, ITV, Channel 4 et al, what threats they face and how they're proposing to deal with them.

There's even a chapter comparing the UK tv situation with some major European countries plus the USA, Hong Kong, South Korea. Page 65 has a cracker of a graph in this regard.

I now know more than is good for me about ARPU, 700 clearance, SVOD, enablement pay, hygiene factors, horizontal market platforms, EST, pay window timelines and T2 penetration. And I am delighted.

The Future of UK TV

40 views and no reply.

It really IS just me, isn't it?

Comment

The Future of UK TV

We're probably all still reading it.

Comment

The Future of UK TV

Fair point.

Comment

Working...
        X