Hippo Birdie Two Ewes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hippo Birdie Two Ewes

Never go to the cinema with me if you want to get away quickly. I'll insist on watching the credits to the end, especially the list of songs, which must include everything that has been played or performed, even if it was just 5 seconds in the background.

The highlight is Happy Birthday, which I must have seen credited dozens of times. "There it is!" I joyfully exclaim to my companion, or rather to her disappearing shoes at the exit. This time-honoured ritual may be about to end, as it comes (partially) out of copyright.

This is probably a good thing, but I don't care. I get my pleasures small, and this is one of them. Boo.

Hippo Birdie Two Ewes

Whereas I'm usually the first one out of the door before the final scene fade has finished.

Anyway, the thread title brought to mind this place, the name of which irritates me every time I pass by.

Comment

Hippo Birdie Two Ewes

Hope the bastards at Warner who've been coining their unearned royalties all these years have to pay them back.

Comment

Hippo Birdie Two Ewes

I always stay, too. I just want that whole movie-going experience*, and it's also given me some time to compose myself, like after Thelma and Louise. I hate that on commercial channels on TV nowadays, the credits are often sped up or condensed into the side of the screen or both. Sometimes I wonder about a song or what actor played who, but the channel probably thinks, well, you can just look at IMDB.

*Except for the popcorn. I don't feel the need eat at the movies, but a lot of people just seem to do it reflexively.

Comment

Working...
        X