Surely Travolta trumps all?

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

There's a rich seam to be mined here.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Glad to see Shatner making an appearance. You can't beat a good syrup.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Not primarily an actor, but still: Gene Simmons.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Ted Danson in not just a wig but a 1980s hairdo wig:

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

It's hard to know what's still real on any part of Burt Reynolds' head, not just his hair...

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Sits wrote: Glad to see Shatner making an appearance. You can't beat a good syrup.
                  I think there's a whole thread to be written on Shatner's toupees.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                        Originally posted by Sits
                        Glad to see Shatner making an appearance. You can't beat a good syrup.
                        I think there's a whole thread to be written on Shatner's toupees.
                        For years, my father looked like Klaus Kinski. Then he stopped looking like Klaus Kinski and started looking like a cross between Benny Hill and Larry Hagman.

I saw him in summer for the first time in nearly four years. He now looks like William Shatner (albeit without a rug).

We're both looking forward to finding out who he's going to be the next time I see him.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Fixed.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Some of Nicholas Cage's hairdos have been highly suspect over the years.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Cage's acting is normally so bad you never notice what's on his head.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

How vain are these guys to think we're fooled by these toupees? Just either do a J. K. Simmons or have a comb over.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Eggchaser wrote: … or have a comb over.
                                    Now come on, we don't want to encourage combovers either. Or we're in danger of more men who look like this.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Some of these don't look like toupees to me, just bad dye jobs.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Possibly - there might also be cases of less than successful transplants.

Russ Abbot springs to mind - he had plugs that failed to take and ended up with a forehead like the surface of a golf ball.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Three Times A Reddy wrote: Possibly - there might also be cases of less than successful transplants.

Russ Abbot springs to mind - he had plugs that failed to take and ended up with a forehead like the surface of a golf ball.
                                          A different field of entertainment, but Gary Numan had the same. His first one didn't take, I think, so he had to have a second. Hence his cartoonish mop, these days, the main purpose of which is to cover the broom-head like topography of his scalp.

Wayne Rooney has benefitted from a different era of 'science' but his logic is no more sound: he seems to have overlooked the possibility that the transplanted hair will remain, while the rest of the (original) hair around it continues to desert its post. By the time he's 60, the transplant hair could be almost the only hair left on his head! This is one very good reason never to go for a surgical option.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                                            Originally posted by Eggchaser
                                            … or have a comb over.
                                            Now come on, we don't want to encourage combovers either. Or we're in danger of more men who look like this.

I was thinking more along the glorious lines of the Charlton Look.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Incandenza wrote: Some of these don't look like toupees to me, just bad dye jobs.
                                              Redford possibly, but I'd argue the case for the others. Who there do you think is a victim of the dye bottle?

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                                                Originally posted by Incandenza
                                                Some of these don't look like toupees to me, just bad dye jobs.
                                                Redford possibly, but I'd argue the case for the others. Who there do you think is a victim of the dye bottle?
                                                The colour scheme of my (never-dyed) hair is very similar to Robert Redford's in that photo. In fact, if you cut the sides shorter, he could be wearing a wig modelled exactly on my hair.

Comment

Bad wigs on actors

I was once accused of wearing a weave, since I have fairly thick brown hair, with pale grey side[strike]boards[/strike]burns.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X