Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crimewatch Roadshow

Strange programme.

Starts at 9.15 (am). It doesn't reach the dubious intensity of the main Crimewatch, but not obviously "daytime" either. Very serious crimes, sometimes with reconstructions to match. Armed robberies seem to be a favourite, preferably with children or pensioners attacked in their own home by men in balaclavas and crowbars.

There's a rogues gallery of people who if anything too nasty to be rogues- "she also has a scar on the right side of her face". And there's the surreal bit at the end where they say "we've got several leads on that robbery at the jewellers".

Isn't this all a bit scary for early morning? That's the sort of time Andy Pandy should be on.

Crimewatch Roadshow

It is a bit strange by the sound of it, but doesn't morning/daytime television always seem to feature programmes that seem to highlight the unpleasant side of human nature most times? If it isn't Jeremy Kyle pointing his lizard features at someone with double chins and a rottweiler disposition, its shows that feature people ripping off unsuspecting members of the public, or other programmes that tend to feature lowest-common denominator types getting up to no good. It sort of has a snake-pit type aspect to it that doesn't invite any positive standpoint.

I have to go to work every day anyway, but I'm sometimes thankful I don't have to watch that stuff.

Comment

Crimewatch Roadshow

Are production companies now merging popular formats together?

If so, should we expect Channel 5 to commission Dogging Springwatch, featuring Paul Ross with some binoculars, in a hide in Epping Forest?

Comment

Crimewatch Roadshow

Obviously with expert co-commentary from Stan Collymore...

Comment

Crimewatch Roadshow

Haha

Comment

Crimewatch Roadshow

What's the "Roadshow" part of it?

Comment

Crimewatch Roadshow

There's an outside broadcast bit. It seems to be more crime prevention focused than the familiar studio bits.

Strangely the only bit they've cut from "adult" Crimewatch is the nice bit with the stolen antiques.

Ian, I hadn't thought that about daytime TV before. I would think Kyle on in primetime would be considered too much. But apparently 9 am, then it's fine.

Comment

Working...
              X