Catastrophe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catastrophe

The British comedy has come to the US on Amazon Prime. Watched the first episode tonight and really enjoyed it. Rob Delaney is funny in front of the camera, and isn't just a Twitter novelty. But Sharon Horgan was better. I remembered her from David Cross' "Todd Margaret" show, but haven't seen her in anything besides that. She was great.

I kind of want to watch them all really quickly, but there are only 6 episodes. Damn you, British TV!

Catastrophe

I think they're doing a second series, but that'll probably just be another six episodes.

Horgan's probably best known for the BBC3 sitcom Pulling, which was great but on BBC3 so hardly anyone noticed.

Comment

Catastrophe

I only really started it because there were only 6. Still haven't finished season 2 of Orange Is The New Black, and season 3 is out now. Plus, other shows that I need to watch. I felt I could dip into Catastrophe and not feel like I was making a big commitment.

Comment

Catastrophe

I loved 'Catastrophe' and I'm surprised we didn't discuss it on here when it was aired in the UK (edit: it appears I did try to).

Horgan is also great with Stephen Mangan in 'Free Agents' but, like many of her shows, it was cancelled early on.

Comment

Catastrophe

I watched a few episodes. It was reasonably funny I thought but not enough to really hold me.

Comment

Catastrophe

Halfway through this, absolutely loving it.

Comment

Catastrophe

Fuck me this is good.

Comment

Catastrophe

And I forgot to mention the big Second Captains promotion during one of the scenes in Season 1.

Comment

Catastrophe

Sharon Horgan presented Have I Got News For You once. I had no idea who she was but I thought she was outstandingly good. They haven't had her back, as far as I know.

Comment

Catastrophe

Is it back on?

Comment

Catastrophe

First series was brilliant, but the second had far too much talk about sex. It was as if they had run out of material other than covering the impact having a baby has on your sex life. Still worth watching but thought there was a drop-off in quality.

Comment

Catastrophe

Mmm, Sharon Horgan.

Comment

Catastrophe

Yes, isn't it.

Comment

Catastrophe

Bordeaux Education wrote: Is it back on?
                            I believe it was already on TV over there. We just got the second season in the US on Amazon Prime.

Comment

Catastrophe

I'd like to give this a chance, but Rob Delaney is such a smug character on Twitter (no, I don't follow him) that I can't bring myself to go near it. Maybe some day.

Comment

Catastrophe

I know what you mean, I followed him on Twitter for a while after enjoying 'Catastrophe' but found his persona on there tiresome and very different from his character in the show.

Comment

Season 4 starts next week apparently.

Comment

I’ve got a vague feeling series three was a bit of a downturn in quality but series four has been a cracker so far - hopefully the show is going to go out on high note.

Comment

Working...
                                    X