No announcement yet.

"They've put raptor in her."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most recent one in the franchise reboot, with Woody Harrolsen.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
      Presumably variations on "...the Planet of the Apes". Took me a minute too.
      Sorry, I thought my reference to 'Dawn Of The Planet Of The...' in my previous post would have tipped people off.

I'm surprised people don't talk about the POTA reboots more actually, it's the greatest trilogy in recent cinema history.

Comment

I liked the first one, felt the second was let down by bad editing, and haven't seen the third.

Also I think I spelled Woody Harrelson's name wrong.

Comment

Finally found a spare morning to go and see Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom in 3-D yesterday, the big kid that I am. (Had to schlep all the way to North Finchley for the experience, but it was worth it. Slightly surprised that I was the only person out of ten million Londoners who chose to do so, however...)

Although nothing will touch the original movie for sheer spectacle, this latest instalment was probably the best of the sequels thus far: the storyline was darker and (slightly) more believable than the previous three episodes, with some better performances and........................(SPOILER) a nice top-and-tailing from Dr Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum). (And contrary to earlier posts, there will likely be 'Jurassic Planet'-follow-ups to come... (/SPOILER)

Edit (to Sam): The dinosaurs at the start of the original JP are brachiosauruses. (I'm sure that the nine-year-old 'you' would've known both that, and the fact that 'brontosaurus' is in fact the incorrect name applied to the species 'apatosaurus'.) (Smiley thing.)
          Last edited by Jah Womble; 19-07-2018, 12:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
            (SPOILER) And contrary to earlier posts, there will likely be 'Jurassic Planet'-follow-ups to come...(SPOILER)
            #NOTALLEARLIERPOSTS

Comment

Just as well I didn't say 'all', then.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                I liked the first one, felt the second was let down by bad editing, and haven't seen the third.

Also I think I spelled Woody Harrelson's name wrong.
                The third one is outstanding.

Indeed, those films are underrated, though I think they got a bunch of Oscar nominations.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                  Edit (to Sam): The dinosaurs at the start of the original JP are brachiosauruses. (I'm sure that the nine-year-old 'you' would've known both that, and the fact that 'brontosaurus' is in fact the incorrect name applied to the species 'apatosaurus'.) (Smiley thing.)
                  Gah, yes of course. 34-year-old me knew the latter, in fact, and I'm not sure why I typed it. Although given how fast and loose the people who actually made the thing played with giving species their proper names (most notably the 'velociraptors') I won't beat myself up too much about it.

Comment

I liked the baby velociraptors in the new film.

It's interesting how they've turned the raptors round from scary as fuck monsters in the very first film to heroic allies of the heroes in the most recent one, like super-smart, super-savage dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Gah, yes of course. 34-year-old me knew the latter, in fact, and I'm not sure why I typed it. Although given how fast and loose the people who actually made the thing played with giving species their proper names (most notably the 'velociraptors') I won't beat myself up too much about it.
                      Hate to say it, but even that's debatable, since the dinosaurs always depicted as 'velociraptors' in the movies are actually closer to the species 'deinonychus'. (Obviously, 'raptors' - which are believed to have been slighter and possibly feathered - are a very marketable concept, so I can see why they did it.)

Anyways, not that I wish to seem a bore about this..!

Comment

Working...
                      X