The Hardest Working People In Film and TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that thread title sounds Cameronite, believe me it really isn't intended, it's actually meant to centre on the subject of certain people who have amassed a prolific and jaw-dropping mountain of work in the arena of film and television either in front of, or behind the camera.

Christopher Lee, for example, probably still has some old films in his rep that no-one has seen or even known they exist.

Jerry Goldsmith passed over a decade ago, yet leaves behind over 250 scores for film and television movies and shows, not even counting the work for 1950's radio before he got into the business. He was so forgetful of his prolificness that he watched an old movie on TV one night and became impressed by the work of the composer, forgetting (and coming to realise) that he had actually scored it himself.

Ennio Morricone is still giving it a go and his filmography must be monolithic in number. He was known for recording cues for one movie one morning, then having lunch before scarpering over to another recording studio in the afternoon on the same day to record more music for a totally different film.

Frank Weller, voice artist on animated cartoons and the voice of Fred in the original Scooby Doo cartoons, must have one hell of a CV. Not only has he provided voices for gazillions of animated films and television shows, he also provides vocal effects too. Very rarely do you see animated productions where his name isn't tucked away low on the voice cast list.

Your candidates?

The crew.
    There before you arrive and still there when you've gone.

Comment

I expect some of the long-standing performers in the adult industry must have impressive credits. Someone like Ron Jeremy for example.

Comment

And I expect Vincent Price might challenge Christopher Lee (I think he started earlier).

Comment

Craft services?

If we talk voice actors, Mel Blanc is high on that list.

Edith Head

Henri Mancini

Comment

Yes, voice actors work steadily, and often rack up encyclopaedia sized CVs if they find a niche. I know a couple as the animation business is pretty big here. Tara Strong is not untypical.

If you're a character actor and happen to live somewhere where there's a thriving movie industry, it's also not difficult to create a long resumé. This guy is one of my friends, and is listed as 'A Famous Star with 100 or More Film Credits' by IMDB, I'm not sure he knows that. He's not close to Christopher Lee yet either.

Comment

This reminded me of the bloke with a deep voice who did voice over on trailers.
              This guy

No one's using voice overs on trailers anymore, are they?

Comment

Stumpy Pepys wrote: I expect some of the long-standing performers in the adult industry must have impressive credits.
                An interesting euphemism, must remember that one.

Vincent Price certainly appeared in dozens of films as well as all his TV work, but I don't think he gets near Christopher Lee's 200+.

The first thing that came to my mind for an alternative source of potentially hundreds of film credits would be Indian cinema, there's so many Bollywood and Telugu productions — I have no immediate names to name, but I can't help but think some of the veteran names there must have appeared in scores or even hundreds of productions going back decades.

Comment

Yup: Telugu actor Brahmanandam apparently holds the Guinness world record, awarded in 2007 for his then 754 films — he's just topped 1000 now. Amazingly he racked up those first 750 in only 20 years, having not started until he was over 30, so at current rate he could conceivably top 2000 before he's done.

To pick a couple of examples, the likes of S. Janaki or Asha Bhosle are performers in the related field of playback singing, i.e. the singers whose vocals you hear in Indian films being lip-synched by the onscreen actors, who have each racked up tens of thousands of songs recorded in half-century-plus careers. The latter is the lady eulogised in Cornershop's Brimful of Asha.

Comment

ROSTRUM CAMERA KEN MORSE

Comment

Lucy Waterman wrote: ROSTRUM CAMERA KEN MORSE
                      You mention that f---ing name again and I'll put your head through the f---ing wall

Comment

This is a guy you've never heard of. Harvey Atkin. He's been in everything from The Littlest Hobo to Law & Order. But for every role on this mile-long CV, he's done at least three radio spots. Some TV, too, but mostly radio. And he's the consummate one-take guy, who nails it, thanks you for the opportunity, and gets back in the idling cab.

(I barely recognize this photo of him without his trademark moustache.)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0014873/

Comment

Part of my job involves video editing; the last one I made featured some graceful panning shots of still images.

Alas, it seems 'rostrum-ing' is no longer a specialty. Although Ken Morse seemed like he was making hay while the sun shined. And he is 70, according to Wikipedia.

Comment

Working...
                          X