Roger No Moore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger No Moore?

Nah, he's still alive (although I wasn't 100% sure). He's 87 you know.

He's always been modest about his acting abilities, so I'm naturally sympathetic.

And I still maintain Live and Let Die is the second-best Bond film.

Roger No Moore?

Is that the world's second-tallest dwarf?

Comment

Roger No Moore?

I was mad about him when I was about 7, and he was The Saint. I know his favourite colours are blue and gold, unless they've changed.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

I know his favourite colours are blue and gold

A natural UCLA Bruins fan, then. Yeah, Roger Moore's alright and so was his tongue-in-cheek James Bond. Being a boy, I was in love with that Volvo he drove in The Saint. I imagined driving that whilst out on a date with Emma Peel.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

After I had the first picture taken of me in a dinner jacket and bow tie, my Mum insisted that I looked like a young Roger Moore. Apart from a shared skill with a highly arched eyebrow, I couldn't and still can't see it. The resemblance rather than the eyebrow.

Moore really was the Bond of my era but his greatest work wasn't that or the Saint but The Persuaders. He went toe-to-toe with Curtis - who, by that time, was just past his peak but still one of the coolest men on the planet - and did ok. IT was the original "two opposites who don't like each other learn to work together and respect each other" template.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

I work with someone called Roger Moore. He's pretty smooth.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

Roger Moore was great as Bond. Whenever he's mentioned now, though, I always think immediately of the Alan Partridge episode where he never got closer than the Chiswick roundabout.

Edit: and yes, "Live and Let Die" was an awesome Bond film. First one I ever saw at the cinema, in a group party outing for one of my friends' 10th birthdays.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

He was an astonishingly good-looking man when he was younger and still looked youthful in his middle years.

Unfortunately, that slow ageing gene makes him a rather odd-looking 80-year-old!

Comment

Roger No Moore?

ROger Moore? Ashtonishingly good looking?

Comment

Roger No Moore?

TonTon wrote: ROger Moore? Ashtonishingly good looking?
                    Yeh. Not your thing:

Comment

Roger No Moore?

He wasn't very good as bond slightly too much of the arched eyebrow, and he was totally ancient particularly towards the end. The big problem I had with him as bond though is that he seems like a far too decent chap to be someone like bond. You couldn't imagine him seducing a woman by punching her in the face (where Connery scored highly)

He's a big fan of amnesty and UNICEF, and a friend of mine was working at one of their black tie affairs, and he lived up to his rep as one of the nicest people you could deal with.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: You couldn't imagine him seducing a woman by punching her in the face (where Connery scored highly)
                        On so many levels, you may want to rethink that sentence.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

Nocturnal Submission wrote:
                          Originally posted by TonTon
                          ROger Moore? Ashtonishingly good looking?
                          Yeh. Not your thing:

Well gorge.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

The oldest but most prescient image I have of Rog.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

Letter From America earworm

Comment

Roger No Moore?

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: The big problem I had with him as bond though is that he seems like a far too decent chap to be someone like bond.
                                Dalton and Craig are the only ones that are even vaguely like the complete bastard Bond is in the books.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

Not really my thing, no, though that pic is a reminder of why you weren't talking bollocks, fair play.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

He is James Bond, Simon Templar and Brett Sinclair.

Which I suppose are all the same person.

I used to love the theme from The Persuaders!.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

The Persuaders theme tune is still an absolute classic.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

Go on, you know you want to

Comment

Roger No Moore?

Apparently nostalgia clouds hearing as well as memory.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

Three Times A Reddy wrote:
                                            Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
                                            The big problem I had with him as bond though is that he seems like a far too decent chap to be someone like bond.
                                            Dalton and Craig are the only ones that are even vaguely like the complete bastard Bond is in the books.
                                            Dalton was as weak as piss I thought. I thought Connery came close. He was always being cruel to women when he wasn't actually slapping them around.which is kind of the point I was making above. Bond is seriously damaged goods, and this is what makes him so dangerous, and only Connery and Craig are the only ones to capture that. Moore and brosnan are too smooth, and it veered into carry on territory at times. Dalton and that Australian fella were too weak, to be convincing.

Comment

Roger No Moore?

I'm most likely biased towards Dalton cos he's Welsh to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                                              X