Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did all the humans come from in 'Star Wars'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beak wrote: Not all new alphabets, but you might be interested in Typeset in the Future, a blog about fonts in sci-fi
    'NO PRESSURE/GRAVITY, SUIT REQUIRED' (middle row, furthest right) is my new favourite icon ever.

Comment

Thanks beak, I lost about an hour and a half to reading that site after following your link. Those icons are things of beauty, and thanks for that comment Mumpo as I didn't think to click through to the full-size image before to see them close up in all their glory. I think I like the 'exhaust' one the best, though, the no-gravity ones are very amusing.

Comment

I skimmed that article, but there was no sign of that old classic Data 70.

To quote myself from this thread:

Stumpy Pepys wrote: Data 70 was crucial when you needed a label for a large red button on a spaceship control panel, which was vital to the plot.

Comment

That's more common on TV I think. Maybe the Andromeda Strain used it?

Comment

Yeah, possibly. I watched a few old Space 1999 episodes recently and saw it a few times.

Comment

BABYLON 5'S A BIG PILE OF SHIT.

Comment

Velvet Android wrote: Thanks beak, I lost about an hour and a half to reading that site after following your link. Those icons are things of beauty, and thanks for that comment Mumpo as I didn't think to click through to the full-size image before to see them close up in all their glory. I think I like the 'exhaust' one the best, though, the no-gravity ones are very amusing
                A rather magnificent digitised version of the Alien icon set

(linked from Joe Blogs)

I'm going to run a few of those off and post them up around our house.

Comment

The guy behind that typefaces of the future website also developed the UK Train Times app for mobile phones. I wish he'd take a break from typefaces to update it.

Comment

Mumpo wrote:
                    Originally posted by Velvet Android
                    Thanks beak, I lost about an hour and a half to reading that site after following your link. Those icons are things of beauty, and thanks for that comment Mumpo as I didn't think to click through to the full-size image before to see them close up in all their glory. I think I like the 'exhaust' one the best, though, the no-gravity ones are very amusing
                    A rather magnificent digitised version of the Alien icon set

(linked from Joe Blogs)

I'm going to run a few of those off and post them up around our house.
                    I'd love a proper, framed print of that. It's fantastic.

EDIT: Apart from the spelling error in 'refrigerated'. That's annoying.

Comment

Those icons are full of spelling mistakes.

With sloppiness like that, it's no wonder most of the crew got killed.

Comment

Working...
                      X