• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies you have decided not to ever see

50 Shades of Grey is up there.
    The Sexing the City ones.
    Nothing ever again with Seth Rogen.

But it would be more fun to hear about classic and rated movies no one wants to see. Who gives a shit what mediocre I don't care about.

I have a thing about Shindler's List. It's not the topic. It's the hype. I'm a bit stubborn there. Like annoying people you meet who in a proud manner tell you they can't say they've ever heard a Rolling Stones song. I'm a bit shit like that.

Comment

Pretty much anything advertised on TV or hyped to death on t'internet/ magazines/ whatever. I don't care if I never see the latest big thing and the bigger the hype the more determined I am to not fall for it. I might be arsed watching some of it years later.
      I blame Star Wars for this. I hated the twats in school who were always all over rubbish like that or Grease.

Otherwise fantasy stuff like the fucking Hobbit or some other absolute shite. It's a waste of precious time.

Comment

Titanic

Comment

Antonio Pulisao wrote: Avatar. It can only be shite.
          It's the worst pile of stolen story ever. Nothing with the story is original.

Comment

Green Calx wrote: Titanic
            Deep down in your sailor heart you know that you want to see this...

(the tagline is amazing)

Comment

If you're not convinced, the director of the above, Shane Van Dyke, also made

Now, if you don't think giant sharks fighting tanks on a world war 2 beach is Oscar worthy, your taste is beyond the need of serious medication.

Comment

Hang on, is Shane related to Dick van Dyke? I could swear that's one of the grandsons who popped up in Diagnosis Murder from time to time…

Comment

Grandson

Comment

His mother is Mary Carey Van Dyke

I bet some jokes were thrown behind her back

Comment

Hahaha, I knew it! That's very surreal though.

Comment

Any film that tries to squeeze tears out of me by putting a child in a Nazi concentration camp.

Comment

What about gigantic dinosaur sharks attacking the guards in a Nazi concentration camp?
                          From the sky in a tornado?

Comment

Something like this

Comment

Stumpy's yer man for terrible films.

Comment

What Calvert said.

This (just about) includes every Harry Potter film since the first one - which I was cajoled into watching back in 2001 with a bunch of work colleagues. It was a total, overhyped mess.

I can't really be arsed bothering with any of those 'Jason Bourne' efforts, to be honest.

(That Titanic II movie looks hysterical - '100 years later', great stuff. And terrible films about ridiculous monster sharks, etc, killing the Western world have to be watched, surely?)

Comment

Anything centred around the Mafia/mobs - I just don't see the attraction.

I'm pretty sure it's not in the film-makers' intentions to glamourise criminal activity but it's easy for people to read them the wrong way when they see the lavish lifestyles and sharp suits.

Comment

Any film that has Liam Neeson promising to find people and kill them.

Comment

Grease. I have even left parties where people have started watching Grease. Though the fact that people had nothing better to do than watch Grease made them pretty awful parties anyway.

Comment

Toby Gymshorts wrote: Stumpy's yer man for terrible films.
                                        I'll pretty much watch anything, good or bad.

However, I will not watch anything starring Danny Dyer.

The majority if British film comedies are also best avoided (I'm talking the likes of Run for Your Wife, Sex Lives of the Potato Men and The Fat Slags).

Comment

Grease. I have even left parties where people have started watching Grease. Though the fact that people had nothing better to do than watch Grease made them pretty awful parties anyway.
                                          Yep, similar experience, but perm The Blues Brothers for Grease. When 'the lads' started striking up Sweet Home Chicago, that signalled time to hit the pub or go back to your digs.

Comment

Pat McGatt wrote: Any film that tries to squeeze tears out of me by putting a child in a Nazi concentration camp.
                                            Whatever you do, make sure you never ever watch the massive pile of shite that is The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. You might dehydrate yourself weeping at the poor Nazis.

Comment

beak wrote:
                                              Originally posted by Pat McGatt
                                              Any film that tries to squeeze tears out of me by putting a child in a Nazi concentration camp.
                                              Whatever you do, make sure you never ever watch the massive pile of shite that is The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. You might dehydrate yourself weeping at the poor Nazis.
                                              Haha, that made me laugh out loud.
                                              (great film, bwt)

Comment

Three Times A Reddy wrote: Anything centred around the Mafia/mobs
                                                Agreed.

Comment

Thirded. For this reason the topmost films in the generally-accepted all-time list that I'm unlikely to ever want to watch are the first two Godfather movies.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X