Wild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild

Saw that on Sunday in a very comfy and small Genevan cinema. The fact it features someone hiking the PCT had me interested but it is rather more than an outdoors movie, an excellent movie with Reese Whiterspoon at the top of her game. Ordering the book...

Wild

I thought it was a good film. Not great, but pretty good. Both Witherspoon and Dern were excellent.

Biggest frustration with it was that I felt it didn't make enough of the scenery, and the journey itself felt pretty disjointed and unclear. Which is probably unfair as the story isn't really one of just walking the PCT, but that's what I went into the cinema hoping to see.

Comment

Wild

I did gather previous to see it that it was not a great outdoors movie but rather a quest for peace set in the outdoors so I was not really bothered by the fact it almost seemed incidental which I gather is also very much the case of the book. Found it a refreshing perspective on hiking which is a genre heavily dominated by lots of very dull middle-aged blokes with an obsession with their toys and pseudo-mystical ruminations about The Wilderness. The circumstances make her achievement even more impressive.

Comment

Working...
      X