'Heavy Metal'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Heavy Metal'

I started watching this - the feature film - only a few weeks ago. It's truly awful, isn't it? I'm still only about halfway through, as I can barely force myself to watch it!

I was inspired to finally watch it in the first place by South Park's rather good tribute, but it's nowhere near as good as even that!

Come on, folks - someone mount a counterpoint offensive and inspire me to tough it out and watch the rest!

'Heavy Metal'

If this is the same Heavy Metal I'm thinking of, Donald Fagen has a nice tune on the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9wbumIKJJ0

I believe the soundtrack also contains a cover of Working In The Coal Mine by Devo, if you can imagine such a thing.

Comment

'Heavy Metal'

Never cared for the magazine, remember being dragged to the movie by friends who loved the magazine. Try as I might, could not enjoy the movie and was embarrassed that my friends went nuts over it. Pretty sad that the only thing that got my positive attention were the voices of SCTV cast members (John Candy, Eugene Levy, Joe Flaherty).

Soundtrack wasn't bad. Prefabricated, by the French rock band Trust, is a great song. I think there is about six seconds of the song in the movie.

Devo's cover did get some US radio airplay and probably charted.

Comment

'Heavy Metal'

Prefabricated is indeed a great song, as is Antisocial.

Underrated band, Trust.

Comment

'Heavy Metal'

Is the film really without any merit? I remember buying a sci-fi magazine the month it was released that had a big feature on it, and I thought it looked audaciously exciting. Mind you I was 14 at the time, which was too young to go and see the thing but plenty old enough to enjoy the images.

Comment

Working...
          X