The new series of Celebrity Big Brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a shame we're not going to get the opinion of any of them about the shootings in Paris…

I watched the launch, which is never the best show. I like it when it gets going a bit.

Alexander O'Neal has been chosen for the public vote by Katie Hopkins. By far the the worst thing she's ever said or done. He seems cool and I love plenty of his stuff. Ever other word seemed to be Mother-effer on the bit they showed when he was outside having a ciggy. It was quality swearing.

Comment

I still refuse to believe that any real people actually watch any of these shows.

Comment

You're probably correct in your beliefs TT, only us Untermensch.

Comment

You're as real as me. It's cognitive dissonance. I know it's true. I just don't believe it's true.

Comment

I can't vouch for you but I'd like to believe I pass the Turing test. Then again I suppose would say that wouldn't I?

Comment

Luke R wrote: I watched the launch, which is never the best show. I like it when it gets going a bit.

Alexander O'Neal has been chosen for the public vote by Katie Hopkins. By far the the worst thing she's ever said or done. He seems cool and I love plenty of his stuff.
              Nah, he is a massive tool, trust me on this!

Comment

all you wanna do is criticize

Comment

The wife worked with him and he is a tosser

Comment

so what

Comment

It's been fucking horrible, hasn't it?

Comment

Bored of Education wrote: The wife worked with him and he is a tosser
                        Well, he's got competition.

Comment

san2sboro wrote: It's been fucking horrible, hasn't it?
                          Had been half watching it for a while, but since Friday I've been 100% into it. I find Perez Hilton and his antics fascinating. He obviously knew he could get an easy homophobic rise out of Alexaner O'Neil and did it. The clip of him coughing next to Alexander O'Neil at 6:30am was hilarious.

It's just a bunch of fame whores being tormented by the biggest fame whore of them all. But at least Perez Hilton knows what he is, whereas the majority of the other contestants are under some strange illusion that their presence in the public eye is something society requires. Katie Hopkins isn't disappointing in that regard, hopefully her bullying of Perez will kill her media career once and for all.

The exceptions seem to be Keith Chegwin and Nadia Sawalha. Both appear to be normal-ish people but you wonder what on earth they're doing there. Their careers can't be that desperate.

I also love the whole nothingness of Patsy Kensit. I only knew she was in it when I checked the list of contestants on the internet.

Comment

Anything vile Katie Hopkins does just improves her career prospects. Perez Hilton (who, I only find out last night, isn't Paris Hilton's brother) is so bad that my wife has started agreeing with Hopkins which is worrying but, I expect, representative of the viewing public.

Chegwin, Sawalha and Kensit seem fine and normal enough. When Cheggers is the most normal, you know you have to be concerned. I have a vague idea who Kavanagh is but I have no idea who most of the women on there are - they seem to have come from some sort of reality show netherworld that I am not privy to. Katie Price seems A-list in comparison. Indeed, the whole of "I'm a Celebrity..." seems A-list in comparison.

Comment

Perez Hilton is annoying, but entertainingly so. I haven't got a clue who most of them are: Cami Li? Michelle Visage? The blonde one with botched plastic surgery?

But Hopkins and Perez are great entertainment, the former burying herself deeper and deeper into the shit. She called Perez, "A genital wart on the face of the house", that would just be a wart then, wouldn't it?

I'll lose interest as soon as either of them are evicted.

Comment

Substitute Katie Hopkins with, say Vinny Jones, and Perez with, say, a 20-year-old Page Three model. If Vinny followed P3M around, shouting continual stream of insults at her, he'd be thrown out by now for being a hideous bully.

So, why are they allowing it when it's Hopkins?

Comment

She's avoided bad words - like Perez, who's behaviour she and others are reacting against.

It seems like a case of do what you will in there, just don't cross that physical contact or use-bad-word line. It's fairly insane and uncomfortable viewing. I'm thinking Perez is something of a sociopath.

Alexander (who had sort of flipped by that point) certainly shouldn't have said what he said (using the term "your Faggot ass" if I remember correctly), but the full version of Perez's lone wind-up of him in the middle of the night was deeply uncomfortable in itself - the coughing thing. Perez has been using the protection of BB to behave in a way which would deserve a clip round the earhole (assuming one couldn't remove oneself from his company first) and then calling offence like it's a crime against humanity for every last insult, big and small. He's a real piece of work who is blowing Hopkins out of the water with his derangement.

Comment

Bored of Education wrote: When Cheggers is the most normal, you know you have to be concerned.
                                    Cheggers always struck me as a pretty decent bloke; I've never heard anyone saying he's an arse.

Why he did Naked Jungle is beyond me, but we're all allowed the odd misjudgement.

Comment

Comment

Luke R wrote: Perez's lone wind-up of him in the middle of the night was deeply uncomfortable in itself - the coughing thing. Perez has been using the protection of BB to behave in a way which would deserve a clip round the earhole
                                        But he is in the BB house, that's the point, he wouldn't do this in real life. He's playing it up to an extreme level and sort of coping with the backwash. Maybe he's a sociopath, he's definitely different but I respect what he's doing. Everyone he winds up deserves to be wound up.

Comment

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                                          Originally posted by Bored of Education
                                          When Cheggers is the most normal, you know you have to be concerned.
                                          Cheggers always struck me as a pretty decent bloke; I've never heard anyone saying he's an arse.

Why he did Naked Jungle is beyond me, but we're all allowed the odd misjudgement.
                                          Oh, I have nothing against him at all but he has led a, let's say, unusual life and issues. Mind you, what is 'normal', I suppose.

Comment

Stumpy Pepys wrote:

Nothing wrong with Naked Jungle, immensely entertaining stuff.

Comment

Katie Price is coming across as fairly level-headed. Again, I have always had a benign view of her but that is still quite a barometer.

Comment

steveeeeeeeee wrote:
                                                Originally posted by san2sboro
                                                It's been fucking horrible, hasn't it?
                                                The exceptions seem to be Keith Chegwin and Nadia Sawalha. Both appear to be normal-ish people but you wonder what on earth they're doing there. Their careers can't be that desperate.
                                                Nadia has said that she's doing it for the money, because she wants an extension on her house.

Stumpy Pepys wrote:

Chegwin's a twat. He's thieved a lot of jokes from comedians, without credit, and sells them on a really tacky looking app.

Comment

Sadly, Alicia is evicted from the house. I'd warmed to her and unlike many house mates, it genuinely seemed like an enriching experience for her. The little-brother show phoned her teenage daughter, who was articulate and sounded intelligent, which basically sh*ts over Hopkins hideous theory that less intelligent people will breed f*ckwits.

Perez remains in the house, and even my mum recognises "I like him now". He's getting the measure of Katie Hopkins by pulling funny faces and acting camp to wind her up. Hopkins is going to lose it eventually, no doubt her crew (Cami-li, George Best's son and the LGBTG woman, who appears possibly B but not LGTG) will turn on her because they're morally void, talentless media whores and will jump ship in a second once they realise their tenuous association to fame could be under threat by association.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X