The Muppet Christmas Carol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm watching it right now, for the second time in two days. It's by far the greatest Christmas movie ever.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. My wife has beaten into me the annual boozy It's A Wonderful Life cinema trip but the Muppets still win.

Comment

"Wherever you find love, it feels like Christmas" ...

Almost certainly Sir Michael Caine's greatest-ever performance, I'd say.

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: "Wherever you find love, it feels like Christmas" ...

Almost certainly Sir Michael Caine's greatest-ever performance, I'd say.
        I'd agree with that. He keeps his part so straight in amongst all the humour, even when he says the words "Fozziwig's old rubber chicken factory", which always makes me giggle like an idiot. Also Gonzo's role as the narrator was some inspired writing.

Comment

"You're a little absent minded, spirit!"

"No, I'm a large absent minded spirit!"

Comment

Add my vote for MCC as greatest Christmas film ever.

Disney removed the song 'When Love is Gone' from the recent DVD, which is criminal. That song made Scrooge more than just a cartoon villain.

Comment

You can add my vote too.The only film that either of us have watched this Christmas and considerably funnier than anything Clarkson/May/Hammond can ever come up with. Love the 'Heatwave' bit with the accountants.

Comment

I wondered why "When Love is Gone" was cut out of the film too (it was on the broadcast version, too). Presumably that's on the basis that it was way too much and the bit where most audience members were reduced to weeping wrecks?

Comment

5:50pm tonight on Channel 4 for GB devotees of TMCC.

Comment

Working...
                  X