The Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Visit

Anyone else watching/watched this? A sitcom set at a weekly prison visit between about 4 or 5 cons and their families. All of it shot in the same "room".

I only had it on in the background a few weeks ago but it's a real grower. Stuck in BBC1's graveyard shift though, 11pm-ish on a summer Wednesday night but I presume it's had a BBC3 airing before.

The Visit

Mrs Bored really likes it. From the bits I have seen, it reminds me of "Early Doors"

Comment

The Visit

I have heard that about it (it shares some cast members I believe) but, mystifyingly, I never saw 'Early Doors'.

It might be the legal theme or the obscurity but I am always reminded of the excellent 'Outlaws' when i watch it.

Comment

The Visit

Like me, you may have had your view of "Early Doors" tarnished by association with "The Royle Family" (Craig Cash wrote and acted in both)

"Early Doors" however was a much less cartoonish, more rounded and sympathetic portrayal of working class life than "TRF" although it did somewhat harken back to some 60s working class vision of life at times

Comment

The Visit

I quite like it. The recent bit with the guy pretending to be a Ninja really tickled me for some reason. I need to get out more.

Comment

The Visit

Bored Of Discipline wrote:
            Like me, you may have had your view of "Early Doors" tarnished by association with "The Royle Family" (Craig Cash wrote and acted in both)
            No, I read good things about it and was keen to see it but just never caught up with it.

Comment

Working...
            X