Underbelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underbelly

I'm going to start watching this "Australian Sopranos" crime series, based on real-life events and personalities, later in the week. Anyone here already seen it?

I'm already halfway through the book. What's striking about many of the criminals featured is how breathtakingly stupid they are -- neglecting to get their home security systems fixed and thus leaving an open goal for would-be assassins, continuing to drink in their usual haunts and not vary their routines, coming up with hare-brained hitman schemes such as hiding in the boot of the intended victim's car, etc etc. It's a pretty good read.

Underbelly

Yeah, I watched a few series'.

Series 1 was good fun in a not particularly breathtaking kinda way.

The subsequent series' were just so bad that your time would be better spent hitting your head repeatedly with a frying pan until you pass out.

Comment

I've just finished the first series on DVD as part of my lockdown campaign to clear a backlog of hitherto unwatched boxsets, having had this one sitting for at least a couple of years. I've now ordered the second series but given the increasing price of the later ones and Posty's unambiguous review above, I'll maybe draw the line there.

Comment

I rewatched the first series recently and despite the warning above, carried on to the second series this time (the DVDs I ordered never turned up, but Prime has all of the seasons on at the moment).

Imagine my surprise when someone from our extended family turned up in the story - I already knew of their involvement in the particular event, but didn't realise its connection to what the series was covering.

Anyhow, they should really have called the series G'Day Fellas.

Comment

Working...
        X