Video editing software advice required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello you beautiful bunch, I'm trying to canvass opinions. Would anybody have any recommendations for software that would allow me to edit clips together, and layer separate audio tracks over video clips.

I've heard that adobe premiere is a top bit of kit, but am aware that it costs a fair bit (am aware that you can download it for nowt) but I was wondering if I could do what I've described with something like microsoft movie maker..?

Any advice welcomed, I'm out of my comfort zone here.

I use Premiere at work, but it's something of a learning curve and would be too expensive for me to buy personally.

Windows Movie Maker is just too primitive. Lightworks is supposed to be good.

Comment

I'd heard that adobe premiere is up there with the best, but I think I'd need some kind of benefactor, and time to learn how to use it. Or maybe torrents, not that I'd use such a thing, officer.

I've been playing around with windows MM, and splicing clips is easy enough, but there doesn't seem to be much scope for playing about with the sound.

Gonna have a look at lightworks, I appreciate the recommendation SP.

Comment

If you've got access to a Mac, iMovie is surprisingly decent (or was when I used it ages ago) for an entry level programme. Final Cut Pro is the non-Premiere professional programme, and is supposed to be easier to use, but again, Mac only.

Comment

I'm no mac daddy GY...thanks all the same!

Comment

You're not on another forum I frequent, are you? Somebody there asked exactly the same question today. Anyway, the consensus so far is Cyberlink Powerdirector. Never heard of it myself, but then I haven't done video editing for years.

Comment

Ginger Yellow wrote: You're not on another forum I frequent, are you? Somebody there asked exactly the same question today. Anyway, the consensus so far is Cyberlink Powerdirector. Never heard of it myself, but then I haven't done video editing for years.
              Not me, GY. I did ask the same question on facebook - where I was made aware of adobe premiere - but I'm glad they asked, as I've never heard of that before.

Bit of an update: I'm meeting up with a film-maker/student who's worked as an assistant director on a number of productions in the south-west, including 8 minutes idle, an actual film with proper actors and that!

So I'm hoping she can help, as I've recorded loads of clips and sketches, but its a bloody mess, and I need help putting it all together. Or I'm gonna end up doing it myself.

Comment

Working...
              X