Star Wars Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Trailer!

Guaranteed more exciting than the weight of MsD's [strike]knockers[/strike] scientific insight into nutrition and obesity.

Star Wars Trailer!

Seen it three times already, but thanks for keeping us abreast.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

X-Wings!
      The Falcon (complete with new rectenna) versus TIE Fighters!

I'm being a complete fanboy tonight!

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Also, apparently the mascot for Qatar 2022

EDIT: couldn't get image to load - see next page on the thread for an exciting* moving gif!

*excitement not guaranteed

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

"The Dark Side", says the narrator, as someone turns on a lightsabre in a the shape of a Claymore.

I'm loving this already.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

The Falcon's been pimped up a bit. But then this is set 30 years after the original, so it'll be a vintage model by then, almost as old as my Renault. Han would have done a bit of work on it.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

I haven't spent much time following the rumors surrounding the film. Does anyone know when this is supposed to take place: after Return of the Jedi or as some kind of side story along one of the other releases?

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

The "vertical" Landspeeder did seem a little bit like change for the sake of change. But I don't want to be churlish. As long as Jar Jar Binks isn't in it.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Stumpy Pepys wrote: MsD's knockers!
                  Mahendra Singh Dhoni?

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Look, I really really want to like this and some of this trailer is excellent (especially the X-wing fighters on the water) but, why, oh, why, do they feel the need to piss around with the light sabers again and, worse, the Millenium Falcon

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Actually, Rogin's pimping point does make sense but also I agree with the point about the landspeeder

Still, nowhere near as exciting as the Mad Max one.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

The voiceover sounds a bit like Emperor Palpatine. I suppose it's only implied that he died at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Bored of Education wrote: Look, I really really want to like this and some of this trailer is excellent (especially the X-wing fighters on the water) but, why, oh, why, do they feel the need to piss around with the light sabers again and, worse, the Millenium Falcon
                          Because they're set decades on from the originals and technology changes over time. The crossguards appearing on the light-sabre was one of the major "Squee!" moments for me and my seven year old son from the trailer.

Actually, hang on, are you saying you think Darth Maul's double light sabre wasn't ace? Madness.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

I wish Godard was directing it.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: The voiceover sounds a bit like Emperor Palpatine. I suppose it's only implied that he died at the end of Return of the Jedi.
                              Being hurled into the Death Star reactor followed by it's meltdown and destruction was a reasonably strong implication, surely?

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Stumpy Pepys wrote: Guaranteed more exciting than the weight of MsD's knockers!

Is there any fucking need for that, other than the fact that you made a tit of yourself on the other thread?

And rather than have a dig at me there, you've put it in a "thread for the boys" that you think I won't look at.

Fucking sexist cunt.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

On the trailer, I don't like that voice (sounds like Ultron, didn't like that either), but I quite like the look of it.

There's enough teal in the palette to keep Fussbudget happy.

I'm not a Star Wars fan, I've been made to suffer it by family members, so my opinion doesn't really matter, but those are the things that leapt out.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

My Pavlovian-dog response to the genius of John Williams aside, that trailer is wonderful. The voice sounds like Cumberbatch and a billion other people seem to agree.

I like the new lightsaber. I imagine making them is a competitive industry and you can't be seen to be resting on laurels. "Hmmm, I like it, but it's a bit, well, too tatooine-ey for me...what do you think, honey?"

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Harry Truscott wrote:
                                      Originally posted by Bored of Education
                                      Look, I really really want to like this and some of this trailer is excellent (especially the X-wing fighters on the water) but, why, oh, why, do they feel the need to piss around with the light sabers again and, worse, the Millenium Falcon
                                      Because they're set decades on from the originals and technology changes over time. The crossguards appearing on the light-sabre was one of the major "Squee!" moments for me and my seven year old son from the trailer.

Actually, hang on, are you saying you think Darth Maul's double light sabre wasn't ace? Madness.

Actually, your first point stands and I am falling into the trap of being knee-jerk snarkey about any new Star Wars stuff. Of course, Solo would pimp the Falcon and they would start adding stuff to the light sabers. However, this only shows up the ludicrous nature of Darth Maul's light saber as it is akin to them saying "Oh, we have a double one but let's make it less good over the decades"

I still think the vertical landspeeder is rubbish though. There again, Luke SKywalker was pretty rubbish throughout the original trilogy.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Maul's use of a differing light sabre from the Jedi isn't a question of era or technology (the Jedi were using them in the prequels, obviously) but of coming from a different combat discipline.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

It's not a "vertical landspeeder" either, it is to a landspeeder as a motorbike is to a car.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

I will bow to your greater knowledge of Darth Maul as I have never seen the films. Motorbikes aren't the height of a car on its side.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Harry Truscott wrote: Maul's use of a differing light sabre from the Jedi isn't a question of era or technology (the Jedi were using them in the prequels, obviously) but of coming from a different combat discipline.
                                              And what they found cool. If I was in charge of a death star I wouldn't use the last guy's soiled lightsaber.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

That didn't take long.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Bored of Education wrote: I will bow to your greater knowledge of Darth Maul as I have never seen the films. Motorbikes aren't the height of a car on its side.
                                                  Mine is.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X