Detectorists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detectorists

Can't seem to remember a thread on this but imo it's definitely worthy.

It's about Metal Detectorists. Set in small country village in Essex and starring the wonderful Toby Jones and Mackenzie Crook (who also writes and directs). Charming, gentle, genuinely funny, nice cast of characters. Off the top of my head the best comedy the Beeb has churned out in a while.

It's still just about available (well, from episode two anyway - although not for long) on iPlayer if you get a move on. If not, I would do yourselves a favour and find it by other means.

Detectorists

Funny, I could have sworn we had a short thread already going on for it — but all I can find is a couple of posts here in the "Least promising opening of any comedy series ever" thread about Seinfeld, one of which was by me. It's been just about my favourite programme of the year, and I'm saving up the last two episodes to watch still so as not to have it all be over too quickly.

Comment

Detectorists

I wont give anything away then - not that it's really that type of show.

Second series has just been given the go ahead. I can see it running for as long as they choose to make the effort.

It really feels like a labour of love-thing from Crook. Photography, music as well as the writing.

Comment

Detectorists

Luke R wrote: Charming, gentle, genuinely funny, nice cast of characters. Off the top of my head the best comedy the Beeb has churned out in a while.
        Exactly - gentle is the word. Didn't have high hopes but pleasantly surprised - the six episodes just whizzed past and left me wanting more.

Comment

Detectorists

Gentle but enough content to make it after 9pm material - language mainly.

I mean, I cant quite see it it filling a Last Of The Summer Wine hole or anything.

Comment

Working...
          X