Greatest Sitcom Episode Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vicarious Thrillseeker wrote: The IT Crowd, the one where they go to the theatre.
    Having just seen this. I have to say it is definitely up there.

Comment

Mumpo wrote: That episode from the last series of Outnumbered where almost the whole saga is played out through conversations on mobile phones.

Some of the individual episodes of League Of Gentlemen were incredibly satisfying, even though the show was patchy over three series. The one at the end of series three where it transpires that Papa Lazarou has been keeping women inside circus animals was especially... memorable.

Any episode from series one of I'm Alan Partridge has to be a serious contender.

And astounded that no-one has mentioned "Play it nice and cool son, know what I mean..."

I'll have to re-watch the whole run of How Do You Want Me before I can give a definitive answer on this, though.
      I need to get the DVD of How Do You Want Me? I remember it being very funny, but the only thing I can actually remember is Dylan Moran standing on his own at the bar, minding his own business, and Peter Serafinowicz coming up behind him, grabbing him round the waist and lifting him up so he banged his head on the ceiling. He explained it away with "Sorry mate, did I bump you?"

Comment

This thread resurfacing has made me realize how remiss I've been in not mentioning the "Rodney's wedding" episode of Only Fools.

It's the one where Del Boy owes the local thugs (who I think were played by the hapless mates out of Bottom) money, and knows that he either has to pay them off and cancel Rodney's reception, or go through with the reception and get a bloody good kicking. He opts for the latter, and Rodney never knows, but drunkenly thanks Del at the end for his help. It's one of the greatest pieces of comic, pathos writing I've ever seen. I think it may well be that same episode where there's an epilogue of Rodney coming through the door of the flat some time later, throwing his coat down, sitting on the sofa and Del, after a pause, asking "Rodney, isn't there something you've forgotten?" "What?" "You don't bloody live here anymore!".

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: This thread resurfacing has made me realize how remiss I've been in not mentioning the "Rodney's wedding" episode of Only Fools.

It's the one where Del Boy owes the local thugs (who I think were played by the hapless mates out of Bottom) money, and knows that he either has to pay them off and cancel Rodney's reception, or go through with the reception and get a bloody good kicking. He opts for the latter, and Rodney never knows, but drunkenly thanks Del at the end for his help. It's one of the greatest pieces of comic, pathos writing I've ever seen. I think it may well be that same episode where there's an epilogue of Rodney coming through the door of the flat some time later, throwing his coat down, sitting on the sofa and Del, after a pause, asking "Rodney, isn't there something you've forgotten?" "What?" "You don't bloody live here anymore!".
          One of the few times a Simply Red song has ever stirred any emotion in me other than sheer apathy was when Holding Back The Years played as Del was left alone in the room upstairs at the Nags Head.

Comment

Found it

(Edit: found a version with Del and Marlene's conversation, and the holding back the years moment)

Comment

Simply Red and Del Boy:

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: Found it
                Just watched it, thanks, this is a clearer version, though you have to click on/off the popup.

Comment

Working...
                X