Your local cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your local cinema

Wow. I've seen them around the place but didn't know that.

Comment

Your local cinema

They've got 27 according to the website.

They should try to tap into the cat café market and offer screenings with the cats in the auditorium. Not so good for allergy sufferers at the next screening, I suppose.

Comment

Your local cinema

The Rio (my nearest) used to have a cat wandering around and sitting on patrons' laps.

Haven't been there for years, I tend to go into town. Soho Screening Rooms a few weeks ago. Plush.

Comment

Your local cinema

My current local cinema is a boringly typical suburban American multiplex.
          Growing up, however, it was this place:

Comment

Your local cinema

Although the local Windscale Club used to put films on occasionally, my nearest proper cinema when I was growing up was the Gaiety in Whitehaven - now closed but there's a great series of post-closure photos on 28 Days Later here

Nowadays I haven't been to the cinema in about 4 years, but technically my closest is the Plaza Community cinema in Crosby, which memorably opened on 2 September 1939 and was immediately closed again that same day due to regulations introduced by the outbreak of war. It looks nice from the outside, I have to say.

Comment

Your local cinema

Have you ever been to Zeffirellis in Ambleside, TrL? I couldn't claim it as a local but I used to enjoy going there.

Comment

Your local cinema

Actually THIS is my local cinema:

Since I sit directly underneath it most of the week, and organise a cineclub that uses it on a wednesday night. Staff and students suggest films, briefly intro them and then we discuss for 10-15 mins after then go to the pub, which gives us free fried snacks.

This term's programme looks like this below, if you're interested in what a user-generated group, er, generates. I've dropped my offer of Blue Velvet as it was all getting rather dark, and a female student suggested Young Frankenstein, also improving the gender balance.

Sept 15th Insomnia (Nolan, 2002)

Sept 22nd: 21 Grams

sept 29th Princess Mononoke

Oct 8th: The Spectacular Now

Oct 15th Fruitvale Station

Oct 22nd The Intruder (Corman, 1962)

Oct 29th Theatre of Blood (Lomax, 1973)

Nov 5th American Psycho

Nov 12th Young Frankenstein

Nov 19th Still the Enemy Within

Nov 26th Devil's Rejects

Dec 3rd The Hunt (Vinterberg, 2012)

Dec 10th END-OF-TERM CLIPS EXTRAVAGANZA

Comment

Your local cinema

The Rio (my nearest) used to have a cat wandering around and sitting on patrons' laps.
                  That is pretty much exactly what I was going to post! Very fond memories. I went there quite a lot when I lived in Dalston in the late '80s. Less since then, mainly due to parenthood, although it was my local cinema for most of the time since, right up to 2 years ago.

My local cinema now, in Cambridge, is some crappy chain multiplex .

Comment

Your local cinema

The Brewery Arts Centre cinema is a big reason why we now like living in Kendal so much.

http://www.breweryarts.co.uk/visitor-information/car-parking/

Comment

Working...
                    X