Strictly 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strictly 2014

To my surprise Mark and also Simon do indeed seem like very nice guys and arguably have improved more than anyone else, which to me makes them a bit more interesting than other participants. Jake is harder for me to warm to because off stage he's so quiet, as if he doesn't enjoy at all any of the interviews or what have you.

Caroline's Charleston was the highlight of the series - in fact it's really the only dance I like watching much, or even recognise, given that my fundamental interest in dancing is about this big - so what with that and the fact she seems quite a laugh it would be good to see her in the final.

Frankie seems to lack a little of the pizzazz that Pixie had and although clearly they both knew how to turn it on when it came to delivering a performance, Pixie gave the impression that she absolutely *loves* being on stage. That's fine, but I'm sympathetic to the view that these stage school types shouldn't really be in the show.

Comment

Strictly 2014

Personally I find Jake the weakest left - entertaining, but winging it a bit with enthusiasm,acting skills and a very wiggly arse
      Hm, I think there's a bit more to him than that. Besides, as Bruno never tires of reminding us, it's as much about entertainment as technical ability.

Big shock to see Pixie go. I think Len should have taken into account the performances over the series
      No, no. No no no. No, no, no, no, no no no. You live or die by how you dance on the day - that's the Strictly rule. To judge otherwise would constitute a monumental concession to favouritism.

Also, the ridiculously pretty Frankie is going to attract the 'sad dad' vote - and I include myself in that category
      Subjective obv, but Pixie and Caroline completed a trinity of 'sad dad' favourites.

A common call round at ours when a dance is in progress is "Ooh! One for the dads!" whenever a pro or celeb female dancer throws her legs akimbo.

Turns out that it is Pixie who is dancing to said awfulness, so she deserves to go for inflicting Love Shack on us
      Dear me, but it was a dreadful version (of what is hardly one of my favourite songs). The "Tin roof" bit was especially excruciating.

Frankie seems to lack a little of the pizzazz that Pixie had
      M'lovely wife dislikes Frankie as she has "no personality", which is a particularly damning claim when you consider she's being measured against Caroline Flack and Pixie Lott.

Comment

Strictly 2014

Several women I know have made the same observation about Frankie. As they said in Some Like It Hot though, nobody's perfect. These women are the hardcore fans who voted at least 20 times for Abbey in last year's final, so I don't think Frankie can win. I think part of her appeal lies with Kevin who has that likeable cheeky chappy persona thing going on.

A common call round ours when Kristina's dancing is that the only thing missing from that routine is a pole.

Comment

Strictly 2014

M'lovely wife dislikes Frankie as she has "no personality", which is a particularly damning claim when you consider she's being measured against Caroline Flack and Pixie Lott.
          ha ha, very good. Seriously, though, Caroline has shown a range of attitudes/personalities as required for the very different dances. Frankie is a bit too steadily "nice" and clean. I agree it's Kevin that gives that partnership a bit of oomph.

Hard core sad Dads are already salivating over the prospect of Rachel Stevens returning for the Christmas Day special. Pending that, Karen is the one to watch in sad Dad mode.

And yes, Kristina is a tad too obvious with her vibe.

Comment

Strictly 2014

The Strictly lot were at the Edward Scissorhands performance and afterparty on Sunday night. I didn't know who they were, but I've accidentally got into one of the pap photos.

Comment

Strictly 2014

Ah, the Len giveth (a well-deserved lesson to Trent) and the Len taketh away (Jake). Shame, was looking forward to Jake's show-dance.

It's Caroline's to lose now, surely.

Comment

Strictly 2014

Well, it ought to be, based on merit, as she's been easily the best and most interesting dancer of the 4 finalists. But the ranking in the final is based purely on public vote, isn't it, so merit is possibly not as important a factor as random personal sentiment.

Comment

Strictly 2014

Well done, Caroline. Three years well spent.

Comment

Strictly 2014

ha ha! I wonder what type of security services-style vetting they're able and willing to do on prospective contestants to assess whether that sort of background is present to an extent which gives an unfair advantage.

Comment

Strictly 2014

Is it over now?

Comment

Strictly 2014

Don't despair squarewheelbike! I expect the later bits will still be on i-player, and there's the Christmas Day special to look forward to as well!

Comment

Working...
                        X