Muppets Most Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muppets Most Wanted

Maybe it's the wine but this is good. Funnier than the first (which wasn't bad). Some good songs, cameos (Gaga, James McAvoy, Waltz, Trejo, Liotta, Clement, Hayek, Bonneville, Hollander, Toby Jones, Mackenzie Crook, Dion, Saiorse Ronan, Tucci), and less sap than the predecessor. Villain Kermit is much more interesting than normal Kermit.

Edit: should've realised. James "Flight of the Conchords" Bobin directing.

Muppets Most Wanted

My kids have watched the first reboot a number of times, and there's some quite good stuff in it. I belly-laughed at the scene where Adams sings at the window as it rains, and then it's just the Japanese gardner with his hose. I had to spend the next five minutes explaining why that's funny.

Comment

Muppets Most Wanted

This one felt less knowing but surface-funnier. Songs are good though.

Comment

Muppets Most Wanted

This one had a massive drop-off in quality from it's predecessor. Unlike the first it completely relies upon knowledge of the old TV shows & movies or cameos for it's laughs.

Tellingly, it completely lost my children's attention and had me checking they were OK in the cinema while 'The Muppets' had us all rapt.

Comment

Muppets Most Wanted

I thought the second one was pretty bad really compared to the first one.

But maybe that's because I'm fed up watching David Brent play the same character in every TV or film appearance.

Comment

Muppets Most Wanted

Maybe it really was the wine, I thought it was funnier. Oh well!

Comment

Working...
            X