• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justified

have we ever had a thread? huge fan here

I am up to season 4 now. I think it's superb

Boyd crowder eh! what a guy

Justified

There's a thread somewhere. The last season begins in the new year I think.

Comment

Justified

I love Justified, and I also thought there was a thread, possibly started by PPV. But the search reveals nothing.

The second season was the best so far, with Margo Martindale the outstanding presence. It's a beautifully crafted show, with some outstanding supporting characters (Dickie Bennett, Arlo Givens), and some lovely humour (Jere Burns as Wynn Duffy combines both).

It's a rare show where almost no scene is wasted. Better still, the editing allows for long shots without the constant cross-cutting that blights so many other shows. The story holds the attention.

Comment

Justified

It's always been a series that's allowed the characters to grow in directions that weren't originally anticipated — or even survive, Boyd Crowder was supposed to die at the end season one until Elmore Leonard said that was nuts. It follows the "workshopy" branch of long-form drama — originating with Oz I think — in that the riffing on screen and off, between actors/characters, especially Olyphant and Goggins, is a major strength. In fact Tim Olyphant's been part of the production team since early on — as Bryan Cranston was on Breaking Bad — it's essentially his decision to end the show.

Comment

Justified

Looks like the Justified discussion was all had in the Current Watching thread, eg here.

Comment

Justified

boyd crowder was supposed to die in the first episode. probably for the best that he didn't.

Comment

Justified

Anyone got any info on when, or even how, Justified Season 6 will be available in the UK?

Comment

Justified

It is now, if you're prepared to steal it off the internet.

Comment

Justified

I've spent the last month trying to find out and the answer seems to be it isn't. If anyone has the rights, it's Sky, and it's not on Now TV even though the first five seasons are. It'll probably turn up on iTunes etc. once the DVD is released.

Comment

Justified

Season 6 is on TG4, the irish language station. They show it late at night in the Breaking Bad slot. Seasons 1-5 are currently available on the Skybox if you hook it up to the internet.

I was planning on holding off until all 13 episodes were out before watching the last series, but here I am desperately waiting for episode 9 to hit the internet.

Comment

Justified

and it's up. Woohoo

Comment

Justified

It was up last night.

Comment

Justified

Umm, this one's a doozy...

Comment

Justified

There is that big unexpected event, but my favorite part of the episode is the passports in the names Mr. and Mrs. Ofay.

Comment

Justified

I'm not sure where everyone is with the final season so I've been reluctant to post about it. In Canada we appear to be about a week behind the US, dunno where the UK and Ireland are.

Comment

Justified

They seem to be nearly a season behind. But there's this thing called the internet now.

Comment

Justified

Shh! Don't say it too loud otherwise everybody will want one.

Comment

Justified

It turned shit end of last season already when lot of minutes each episode was spent on relationship drama. This season has had me fall asleep several times. When the writers are running out of steam, they turn to the drama between a man and a woman. In this case, 50% fucking percent is spent on Ava and Boyd donkeying about between the two of them.

Same was with Suits, which was brilliant first two seasons. But then it was all about the "do I trust you can I trust you do I love oh I love you but maybe not" and, utter shite between Mike Ross and Rachel Zane (played by Meghan Markle, who I can't see will have me jump for joy in any movie she lands)

Comment

Justified

But PPV the whole show from the beginning has been about Raylan, boyd and eva, and the relationship between those characters. And a lot of that eva boyd interaction at the end of the fifth season is a major part of the underpinning of the sixth season.

Comment

Justified

I'm seriously worried for Ava. Raylan and Boyd will deservedly get their respective dues, and Loretta — who, paradoxically, has always been the strongest (ie most un-fucked up) figure in the show — will become Queen of Harlan. But Ava...(?)

Comment

Justified

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: But PPV the whole show from the beginning has been about Raylan, boyd and eva, and the relationship between those characters. And a lot of that eva boyd interaction at the end of the fifth season is a major part of the underpinning of the sixth season.
                                          It was much more subtle. Now it's lik watching a bloody Valentine's Days special every week.

Comment

Justified

Curiouser and curiouser.

Comment

Justified

Season 6 is up on Sky Boxsets, just f'info.

Comment

Justified

The ending was beautifully done, after a frenetic couple of episodes that had a few plot holes.

Comment

Justified

That was just about perfect.

I am so gonna miss this series. It's the characters, even the minor ones, it was always all about the characters. Dewey Crowe, Loretta, Wynn Duffy, Mags Bennett and on and on. Even the taciturn, Mundo and 'Mike,' were originals. On the plus side, there's a whole lot of Elmore Leonard I haven't read and will make sure I do.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X