Worst opening credits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst opening credits

The only 'deliberate mininalism' being worked on Tripods was the merciful act of keeping it down to two series.

Comment

Worst opening credits

If Wikipedia is to be believed those titles were regular animation made to look like computer animation (like the animation in the TV version of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy).

I loved The Tripods as a kid (as well as the books) but looking at clips of it on youtube now it really doesn't hold up well. It being cancelled after two series may have something to do with Michael Grade's general hatred of TV Sci-fi.

Comment

Worst opening credits

Always hated the contrived opening title sequences from Friends, especially the earlier ones where they would stick a shot of someone clapping in sync with the god awful handclapping segment of the god-awful theme tune. They should have just kept it short and sweet like Scrubs.

Also not keen on the earlier series of Location Location Location where Kirsty & Phil cast their beady eye what looks like some Georgian Townhouse as if to illustrate that what they do is something of a science. It isn’t. And the theme tune particularly grates, as does the theme from Property Ladder (what the fuck does it say at the end anyway) and the crappy synthesised harp and choir combo that is the theme from Grand Designs.

As if you didn’t guess, I watch a lot of E4/More4; too much, in fact.

The opening titles for Something for the Weekend are also quite shit; I’m not sure what is supposed to be achieved by having this multi colour background throw up the presenters who for reasons unknown come out black & white, and the music also annoys. I have been reduced to cooking breakfast with my walkman in a vain attempt to get that theme tune out of my head. So far it hasn’t worked.

Comment

Worst opening credits

Yeah, Scrubs has to be up there as one of the best sitcom credits sequences. Gets the job done, catchy tune, but doesn't drag on at all. More time for gags.

Comment

Worst opening credits

Agree with Friends. That song is so vile that I have to mute the Tv for the duration of the credits.

Comment

Worst opening credits

Blimey I've never heard the full version of the S&S theme before Bruno.

That is some seriously groooooooovy bass playing.

Comment

Worst opening credits

You don't turn over, Etienne? My tv turns over automatically when it senses "teams of writers".

Comment

Worst opening credits

That is some seriously groooooooovy bass playing.
                  It's Chuck Rainey.

Comment

Worst opening credits

If I was going to go for one, I'd go for "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em" - a tin whistle with a piece of cardboard scrolling across the bottom of the screen. Couldn't find it on YouTube, though.

Comment

Worst opening credits

Oh, and let's not forget "Blake's Seven":

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pnautWFuEnQ

Comment

Worst opening credits

I'm sorry, but I have to go back to "Triangle". What the fuck was that lying on deck there? A blow-up doll? A shop dummy? A dead body? What?

Don't tell me people sunbathe between Felixstowe and Göteborg, either.

Comment

Worst opening credits

If memory serves me right, it was Kate O'Mara sunbathing even though it wasn't even sunny. She was later disturbed by Larry Lamb, currently famed for being Gavin's Dad in Gavin & Stacey.

Comment

Worst opening credits

It was indeed Kate O'Mara:

This is a bit racy for seven o'clock.

Comment

Worst opening credits

A late entry: CATS Eyes

Comment

Working...
                              X