• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Good,

Eli Wallach's died.

The Good,

The Good, the Bad and the Dead Ugly.

Sorry.

RIP Eli Wallach, Blondie got you at last.

Comment

The Good,

I've mentioned this on a number of occasions, but the German title translates as "Two Glorious Scoundrels". Presumably Lee Van Cleef was the non-glorious scoundrel.

The only time I ever made my paternal grandfather laugh was when I did an impersonation of Tuco doing an impersonation of Tattoo off of Fantasy Island. Although it might have been flatulence (both my grandfather's reaction and the impersonation itself).

Comment

The Good,

I chuckled at the mere imagining of that scenario. Have not farted, thankfully.

Comment

The Good,

98 yrs young. Damn.

His Tuco was probably my favorite movie character ever.

Comment

The Good,

Apparently Wallach spoke very little Italian and Sergio Leone spoke very little English, but both spoke fluent French and spent the whole movie communicating that way. I love TGTBATU and I'm ashamed I couldn't be arsed to type out the whole title.

Comment

The Good,

What a magnificent innings. Shame he didn't get to the century.

I watched The Misfits a few months back which also starred Clark Cable, Marilyn Monroe and Montgomery Clift. He outlived the latter two by half a century despite being a few years older than them.

It would be remiss to not to mention his role in The Magnificent Seven.

Comment

The Good,

Yes, I'm amazed it's taken this long for someone to mention the latter — he seemed to have famously been The Last of the Magnificent Seven for so long now, yet I was amazed to realise how old he was nonetheless. The Misfits stat is quite startling, but yes — Wallach must have been, what, ten years older than Marilyn, yet outlived her by 52 years. A magnificent innings, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                X