No announcement yet.

The bees on the red button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to assume that on my 50th (which is tragically not all that far away) someone gets me a Cameo of Scott Ian bigging me right up.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
      I'm going to assume that on my 50th (which is tragically not all that far away) someone gets me a Cameo of Scott Ian bigging me right up.
      Just to clarify, that wasn't a cameo. He did it for free because he's fucking mint.

Comment

Oh, yeah, I got that. Which makes it even better.

Comment

I wish we had proper winters.

Comment

If the Tories binning off the licence leads to the death of Seasonwatch then I'll go full Fawkes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
              Does Chris Packham's coat count as big?
              Yes!

Comment

So, will the climate denying half-wits demand that the Beeb have an alternative to [season]Watch and will they give it to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                  Cameo Shameo. I had a chat with Scott Ian because he stopped me to pet my dog.

Comment

I hate you.

Comment

Who isn't there a Summerwatch?

Comment

Toby Gymshorts Perks of a bulldog puppy and living right near NYC’s leading heavy metal venue.

Comment

Yeah, that'll definitely help.

Comment

Late last year inspired by all this TV wildlife stuff MrsSundep decided after a few glasses of wine that she’d like a wildlife cam for our garden as a Xmas present. As I was on eBay at the time and a few Guinnesses into the bag I snapped one up there and then. Come Xmas morning she claimed that she’d forgotten all about it ferchrissakes!
                            It was set up first week in January and she loves it. Set up was a bit of a fart around and apparently we can’t turn it off during the day remotely but apart from that it’s great fun.

The postmen, junk mail types, delivery drivers, ourselves are all regularly photographed from the waist down (behave yerselves), with our cat predictably hogging the most screen time. As the camera is strapped to a bush 12” or so behind our park bench type seat and pointing at the bird feeders there’s a lot of shots of birds, squirrels and our cat sitting on the bench.
                            The most exciting development being that we have a regular 3-4AM visit from a very healthy looking fox who it seems is responsible for the rapid disappearance of the dried meal worms in the bird feeders. Bashing the low hanging feeder from side to side and eating the ones that fall out, he also seems to like sticking his snout into the yellow ant hills in the no mow zone.

A bit of excitement was generated yesterday when a home made flier came through the door featuring a 17yr old old deaf cat that’d disappeared last Saturday. “He looks familiar” said MrsSundep and indeed he’d been on her wildlife cam the day of his disappearance. A quick phone call established that he was home after being in someone’s house who had been asking around the neighbourhood about him.

So for low-key, domestic and wildlife excitement I’d recommend one.
                            Last edited by Sunderporinostesta; 05-02-2022, 13:02.

Comment

So, Chris talking about metres and Megan talking about feet. What does that tell us?

Comment

Uproar in our house when Megan was pronouncing Kielder as Kilder.

Comment

She's been doing that all week, I thought it was my ears or something but no it was definitely "Kilder" she was saying wasn't it? I wondered if perhaps it was a more authentic local pronunciation or something, but from your reaction I'm assuming not!

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                    She's been doing that all week, I thought it was my ears or something but no it was definitely "Kilder" she was saying wasn't it? I wondered if perhaps it was a more authentic local pronunciation or something, but from your reaction I'm assuming not!
                                    I’ve not been there since shortly after the reservoirs opened in 70s but I’ve never heard it pronounced that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                      The bees on the red button

"We'll get Michaela out of bed to show her a blackcock in the flesh."

Unbelievable deadpan tekkers from Packham there tonight.
                                      Chip off the old step-block Megan sets Twitter ablaze tonight with 'I do like a good shag.'

Great series so far, too. The bees who lay eggs in snail shells were incredible, and the heron fledglings are just hilarious.

Comment

Haha, yes I was thinking "Ahh, Mr Packham has taught her well". She was off-camera when she said it, too (i.e. there was a video clip playing while she was speaking), so perhaps fortunately we couldn't see her expression, but I swear I caught a little giggle in her voice a sentence or two later.

And yes, those bees were extraordinary – Osmia bicolor.

(I still marvel at that whole 'blackcock' sequence, incidentally.)

Comment

Interesting stuff tonight about birds, especially raptors, decorating their nests with greenery for unclear reasons, but most probably to do with health benefits (or sedative to keep the female chilled in the case of starlings).

The cuttlefish delivering his sperm into the mouth of the female was tonight's "not while I'm eating" moment for Mrs D.

Comment

Cracking first week of Winterwatch, and I have a strong desire for a thermal imaging camera now.

Packham managed to finish the week's broadcast with 'See you next Tuesday' as the credits started to roll. He's unstoppable.

Comment

Comment

My new t-shirt. An updated classic.

Comment

All these years I thought this was a football thread about Brentford.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X