B.Bad - the bouncing car???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could some kind soul sort out my bewilderment please, without spoilers. I've just seen episode 2 of Season 2 of Breaking Bad (the one with old Tio who dings his bell once for "yes"), and Jesse's car features a fair bit. Specifically, it seems to bounce a lot. At the beginning of the episode, there's an obvious explanation for that (which I don't spell out so as not to spoil for anyone who has yet to watch as far as I have), but at the end of the episode, it honestly seems to be bouncing up and down by itself, like some novelty joke item. Seriously, WTF is supposed to be happening with the car's suspension?

This, I think

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowrider

specifically

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowrider#Hydraulics

Comment

Thanks for those links Luke. So if I've interpreted the scene correctly, some kind of suspension/ride height adjusting mechanism in the car is supposed (in the scene) to have been inadvertently activated and/or messed up?

Comment

Exactly. I cant remember exactly what inadvertently activated it though, I'm going on memory and it's been a while since I last watched it. Possibly Jesse or Walt when he (cant remember which one) was hiding from Tuco in car. I seem to remember something like that.

Tuco's a great character as is Hector Salamanca (I just googled "ding breaking bad" to recall his name)

Comment

Thanks Luke! Yes, great characters, great writing, great acting.

Comment

Cruise down Central Ave. in ABQ (and a number of other NM towns) and you'll see some hydraulics in action.

From Napoleon Dynamite:

Comment

Here's an example from LA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWLqEkakGm8

Comment

Crikey. Quite a phenomenon.

Comment

gotta go 'cause I got me a drop top (covertible)
                  And if I hit the switch, I can make the ass drop (hydraulics like Denzel's in Training Day. )
                  -Ice Cube, Today Was A Good Day 1992

Should you want to learn more - go to the source. Lowrider Magazine.

Comment

Oooo, ta, a War earworm.

Comment

Working...
                    X