Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Curious Case of Casey Kasem

He's gone missing

He wasn't as famous this side of the Atlantic, was he? Although he did present the American chart show on ITV.

Sad news, but he has left us with this treasure...

Fucking uptempo records

Comment

"These guys are from England and who gives a shit!"

Dementia truly sucks.

Comment

Land Waster wrote: He's gone missing

He wasn't as famous this side of the Atlantic, was he? Although he did present the American chart show on ITV.

Sad news, but he has left us with this treasure...

Fucking uptempo records
        Sounds like his wife would've gotten away with this too, if it hadn't been for his pesky kids…

Comment

Comment

He's not the razor guy then?

Comment

That would be Victor Kiam.

Comment

Man with dementia goes missing [snigger].

Comment

I didn't mean to come across as sniggering, I thought that was a genuine question.

Comment

Tobias Barreto wrote: I didn't mean to come across as sniggering, I thought that was a genuine question.
                    Wasn't directed at you, more the premise of the thread.

Comment

This keeps getting more and more bizarre, and the poor guy likely has no clue at the madness going on around him.

On Sunday, Kerri Kasem arrived at the home with an ambulance to take Casey Kasem to a hospital, but paramedics were not allowed inside the Silverdale residence. A few minutes later, someone inside the home called 911, and a second ambulance and fire truck arrived. After the fire truck was called away to an emergency, Jean Kasem, 59, walked downstairs and threw a pound of raw hamburger meat at Kerri. The paramedics were finally able to go inside and pick up Casey Kasem.

After Casey Kasem was gone, Jean Kasem told NBC News that she was following a King James verse when she threw the meat at her stepdaughter.

"In the name of King David, I threw a piece of raw meat into the street in exchange for my husband to the wild rabid dogs," she said.

Comment

He's not the razor guy then?
                        No, nor is he the former US goalkeeper who played for Southampton, Millwall, Leicester and Spurs.

Wasn't directed at you, more the premise of the thread.
                        Well, he does use the term 'sad' in the OP. From personal experience, I think dementia's a bit more than that, however.

Comment

Tobias Barreto wrote: That would be Victor Kiam.
                          Well, fuck me, but I always thought they were the same guy. Whenever I heard Kasem's name, I heard in my head the drawled phrase "or your money back", which was in fact Victor Kiam's. And I disliked Kasem for that. Sorry Casey.

Comment

Blimey - just how many OTF-types have been labouring under this rather bizarre misapprehension? Show of hands, please...

Comment

I like the thought of Victor Kiam providing the voice of Norville Rogers though.

Comment

Edit: Fuck...Potger made the gag first.

Stupid stupid stupid....

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: This keeps getting more and more bizarre, and the poor guy likely has no clue at the madness going on around him.

On Sunday, Kerri Kasem arrived at the home with an ambulance to take Casey Kasem to a hospital, but paramedics were not allowed inside the Silverdale residence. A few minutes later, someone inside the home called 911, and a second ambulance and fire truck arrived. After the fire truck was called away to an emergency, Jean Kasem, 59, walked downstairs and threw a pound of raw hamburger meat at Kerri. The paramedics were finally able to go inside and pick up Casey Kasem.

After Casey Kasem was gone, Jean Kasem told NBC News that she was following a King James verse when she threw the meat at her stepdaughter.

"In the name of King David, I threw a piece of raw meat into the street in exchange for my husband to the wild rabid dogs," she said.
                                  In my head, I read that in the voice of Casey Kasem explaining a long distance dedication. Try it.

Comment

He's gone

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27859559

Comment

Dropped out of the Top 40.

Comment

Ah, that's sad. The original Scooby Doo was always my favourite cartoon and Kasem's Shaggy vocalisation was one of the main reasons.

I also used to watch him on America's Top 10, without realising his cartoon work.

If I owned a jumper like this, I'd be wearing it in tribute.

Comment

Very sad.

Lewy Body is a particularly horrible form of dementia.

Comment

He was also an outspoken celebrity about anti-Arab racism in the US. Casem was of Lebanese background, and although he didn't experience much prejudice himself, he seemed to feel the general bigotry keenly.

In 1991 he said that the warped stereotypes in the US had "demonized and dehumanized Arabs. We think of them, to quote an Israeli general, as 'cockroaches to be kept in bottles.' That's not the kind of mind-set that is healthy for the world."

Comment

I also remember him strongly coming out in favour of 2 Live Crew when they were facing obscenity charges for the As Nasty As They Wanna Be LP.

Up til then, I'd wrongly assumed he was fairly conservative.

Comment

Working...
                                              X