Your Video Game Film Pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Films based on video games seem to be very popular these days.

So let's do some pitches — maybe Harvey Weinstein reads OTF? Or Uwe Boll.

Hungry Horace

Meet Horace. He's not like other guys. He's completely blue. He has no abdomen. And he's hungry … boy is he hungry!

And he's hit the skids. Big time. A world of foraging in the park, with only no-good bums for company.

But redemption comes in the form of a mysterious lady in the park. But will the man known only as The Park Keeper stand in their way?

I'd like to see a film version of the N64 smash 'Goldeneye'.

Comment

The Raid is basically little more than a video game in cinematic form. I'm assuming there will be a PlayStation version of it very soon.

Comment

Minesweeper

1942. Albert Einstein (Arnold Schwarzenegger) is being carried to America to provide key information for the Manhattan Project. However the Nazis have mined the Atlantic and to get Einstein across Petty Officer Jack "Jack" Jackson (Shia Laboeuf), still in shock over the loss of his previous ship, USS Titanic, has to use the navy's brand new mine detection system which allocates numbers to area of water depending on how many mines are in surrounding areas. There is a romantic subplot involving a love triangle between Einstein, Jackson and the midshipman Shirley Willliams (Rihanna).

Comment

Minesweeper: The Movie

Comment

Asteroids

The Earth is threatened by a vast asteroid shower drifting through the solar system. Under great duress, NASA only has time to produce a fleet of ships shaped exactly like capital As. Rookie pilots are sent out to destroy the asteroids, armed only with a small pop gun in the nose, which cannot destroy asteroids but shatters them into smaller asteroids.

Cadet Miles Moore (Daniel Radcliffe) pilots his A into Zone 53 and spends an age reducing the density of asteroids. During this his A is stationary. He presses forward thrust and it becomes completely uncontrollable, drifting between asteroid pieces until it meets a small and noisy flying saucer and is vaporised.

I hated that bloody game. Tank Commander, or whatever it was called, was a bit better.

Comment

Hang on to your hats — Warner Bros has bought the rights to Space Invaders.

Space Invaders — The Movie

"Captain, scanners are picking up a fleet of approaching alien spaceships."

"How many are there?"

"There's, let's see … eleven by, erm … five — there's fifty-five of them."

"What's their formation?"

"They're all arranged in neat columns. And they're firing at us."

"Well, I think we have a fighting chance. Lucky for us they've pitched up behind some green cubes …"

Comment

Comment

I'll wait for the sequel

Space Invaders II

Interior: A laser gun command post. Celebrations break out as the final enemy ship on the display screen sis destroyed

"Thank God that's over. The world is safe once again"

General cheering, people backslapping, etc.

Cut to lowly ensign looking at screen

"Wait captain, a new fleet has just appeared... and they're moving slightly faster"

Comment

Centipede: The Human

Terrifying horror movie in which a psychopathic human slaughters an unwitting centipede and other arthropods.

Comment

I hated that bloody game.
                      I was unbelievably good at Asteroids.
                      I ended up playing right-handed to make it harder. It wasn't.

Comment

Ginger Yellow wrote: Centipede: The Human

Terrifying horror movie in which a psychopathic human slaughters an unwitting centipede and other arthropods.
                        And mushrooms.

Comment

REFUND PLANET

Fang Hauser is a veteran of recent wars, like Iraq, The Gulf and Chipping Sodbury, but now he has to face a new, more deadlier foe. He bought a pack of Jaffa Cakes but found that the pack was damaged when he got home. Now the battle begins as he gathers together both friend and enemy as they form a defiant renegade group of consumer-rights fighters, seeking vengeance for every strange-tasting sauce that seems a bit off, every pack of five Twix family-fun-sized bars that have only four in them, and every Ski yoghurt that has a suspicious tear in the lid.

Your money back or your life!

Motion-capture checkout arguments supervised by Andy Serkis.

Comment

Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge

Lee Carvallo (Kevin Costner) works as a golf professional specializing in the teaching the approach to the hole.

Eventually, he decides to build his own golf academy, and the grateful people of the local city flock along the freeway when it is opened at night under floodlights…

Comment

Guy, be not proud.

Comment

Toby Gymshorts wrote: Guy, be not proud.
                                Too avant garde?

Comment

A reference to your reference.

Comment

Elite

Buzz McBastard is an ace interstellar trader and space-pilot, travelling from colony to colony across the galaxy, making millions from his deals on the raw materials he ships.

However, one day, he decides to shoot up a space station and then hyperspace the hell outta there, just for shits and giggles.

Comment

Decent efforts at Dig Dug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_cd9P8XzJw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFkda8N7cCQ

Comment

Apparently, Joust may be a movie someday. I hope so. That would be sweet.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/05/12/warner-to-revive-doa-midway-titles_3f00_.aspx

Comment

Asteroids is already in development.

Comment

Working...
                                          X