Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fargo

What a fantastic series, really enjoyed it with the tension gradually ratcheting up not just in each episode but across the series.

Loved the fact that despite all indications there was a relatively happy ending.

Comment

Fargo

I'm up to episode five. I really enjoyed the first three, but in the last two it really has gone to shit completely. Not sure why.

Comment

Fargo

It comes back, stick with it.

Comment

Fargo

Yeah, overall I though it was superb. Inventive stuff and yet never felt tricksy - a real skill, that. Thornton and freeman are wonderful, ditto pretty much the rest of the cast*. Again, the music was brilliantly used (see Hannibal, too).

*I re-watched Southern Comfort after the final episode: Carradine is a fantastic actor.

Comment

Fargo

Having series-linked all ten shows (World Cup and other stuff kind of stymied it until now), I've over the past week watched them all.

With only a few reservations, I thought this Fargo pretty durned absorbing - and darkly funny. BBT is the master. And the way the producers have set things up, I'd wager the overall premise leaves more than sufficient scope to bring it back for a further season.

(The movie's one of the best ever, obviously.)

Comment

Fargo

This is one of those TV shows where the landscape and incidentals are the real star. I noticed that especially when the action moved out of the Mid-West.

The other star of the show was deaf assassins tassled jacket.

Of course, the cast was great. I'm not a massive fan of Billy Bob Thornton, but I really liked him in Fargo. It took me a couple of episodes to recognise Bob Odenkirk though.

The second season is going to be set in 1979 in Sioux Falls (which was referred to a couple of times), with Molly's father at the centre. I'm looking forward to that.

Comment

Fargo

Yeah, kind of like True Detective, the cast is so good and so suited to the tone that I can't see how the follow-up seasons can be anywhere near as good.

Comment

Working...
                X