Monkey Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monkey Planet

I don't know whether anyone else has caught this. It has, so far, been the usual beautifully shot heartwarming stories about cuddly primates. However, each episode has a sinister part. Last week, it is two mandrills ("it costs a grand to hire the mandrill") going toe-toe with each other and, this week, it got worse by showing what vicious bastards chimpanzees are. They all teamed up and trapped, killed and ate a colobus monkey. It was like the time I got chased around Gillingham's back streets by Brighton hoolies. This leaving aside the child- and wife-battery, kidnap and rape. By the monkeys, I mean, not the Brighton lot.

Mind you, it does mean that it is a fitting replacement for "Inside Number 9"

Monkey Planet

Hadn't even heard of this till now. Nature documentaries seem to creep up on me, which is annoying because I love them. Though the fact that they've labelled a show about primates Monkey Planet rubs me the wrong way something fierce.

Comment

Monkey Planet

To be fair, it's all about monkeys, no apes. It is my mistake labelling them all primates.

EDIT: I tell a lie, it is about all primates.

Comment

Working...
      X