Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Black : awfully tiresome

Jah Womble wrote:
    Just imagine someone re-making Animal House with Jack Black in the John Belushi role. A not implausible casting decision. Then imagine how badly they would fuck that film up with him in it.
    This. There genuinely seem to be people in positions of power who believe Black to be the reincarnation of Belushi..
    Isn't this rampant straw-manism? No such remake has been conjectured, Black hasn't played anything like Belushi's roles and Black is being criticised for this? It's rampant bollocks. Leaving aside that Belushi wasn't all that.

Comment

While I'm not a huge fan, of all the American actors that do only one thing over and over and over and over again, he's mid-table annoying. I mean, I'm not even sure Seth Rogan speaks any more, preferring to use a pair of boobs to point to a whiteboard that says "WEED" on it.*

*Honourable mention for Take This waltz.

Comment

Bored.

Comment

This is what the guy looked like by the end of it.

http://www.feelnumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/vonbondies_jason_m.jpg

Comment

Selected Ambient Works 85-92 wrote: This is what the guy looked like by the end of it.

http://www.feelnumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/vonbondies_jason_m.jpg
            I remember reading about this at the time. That's a proper shiner. What was their beef?

Comment

I think he thought the bloke was making unkind remarks about him to other people.

He spat on him too, according to that BBC link. Nice guy.

Comment

It's the mark of a gentleman.

Comment

To qualify: that's not a gobbing, it's a small dove of peace.

Comment

Ah, sorry, I was getting my Jacks confused. I thought we were talking about Jack Black. I remember that at the time. Dickhead.

Comment

If Jack Black is not your thing you could always watch him in "The Jackal". A brief cameo, ending with him with his arm a mess of fleshy rags after being shot off with a machinegun, before Bruce Willis puts him out of his misery. Of course, you'd have to watch "The Jackal" to get to that bit, and it is one of the worst films ever made.

Comment

Crusoe wrote: If Jack Black is not your thing you could always watch him in "The Jackal". A brief cameo, ending with him with his arm a mess of fleshy rags after being shot off with a machinegun, before Bruce Willis puts him out of his misery. Of course, you'd have to watch "The Jackal" to get to that bit, and it is one of the worst films ever made.
                        ha-ha very true. That said, it is worth it for Richard Gere's Irish ancient, ta be shoor.

Comment

Bored of Education wrote:
                          Originally posted by Selected Ambient Works 85-92
                          Leaving aside the antiquated tedium of his music, Jack White's a violent prick.
                          Really? How so? I haven't heard anything about this.

[...]

Ah, sorry, I was getting my Jacks confused. I thought we were talking about Jack Black.
                          You weren't reading very carefully were you!

Comment

Hey, I have a condition and everything.

Comment

Is that why your hair is so soft and wavy?

Comment

Working...
                              X