No announcement yet.

The LEGO Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was kind of let down by LEGO Movie 2. I can't point to anything in particular that was wrong, it just didn't seem to be as magical as the first one. As someone with multiple kids who sometimes fight with each other and seem to want to antagonize each other...(SPOILERS) the reveal about the relationship between the two kids and Maya Rudolph ordering them to put everything away hit a bit close to the heart.
    Last edited by Incandenza; 25-02-2019, 19:44.

Comment

I thought it was pitched too old. I watched 1 with the cub the day before to get him up to speed. It's far more accessible for a wider age range, I reckon. 2 seems squarely aimed at teens and above.

Comment

Yeah, I was a little surprised that my 17, 15 and 11 year old children were a) interested in coming and b) still enjoyed it so much when the original film was five years ago.

Maybe they've decided to age the film with their audience Though I have to admit I recall the first film having at least as much for adults as children, as is the way with so many "family" movies nowadays. The gag rate and references for both film are like peak Simpsons.

Comment

I agree with Inca. I'm not sure why but it just wasn't as good. I think it's because they revealed the kids too soon on this one.

I liked the crew of raptors on the spaceship though. They had all the best lines. In subtitles.

Comment

I'm not sure it was quite as good as the first movie, sequels often aren't and that's going to be especially likely when the original film is so groundbreaking. I think it's a worthwhile follow up though.

Comment

Yes, they did a decent job. We will no doubt be getting it on disc at some point and I will watch it again.

Comment

Working...
              X