Bale bailed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bale bailed

actually, he hasn't been, he is still in jail.

I didnt stick this on the batman thread as I don't understand it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...llegation.html

Bale bailed

The movie is one of the more violent films I've ever seen. Borderline sadistic. There is so much of head-bussin' Batman, and he must've had to film multiple takes for each fight scene, that he probably thinks he's back on the set.

People clown actors for making all of that loot, but to be honest it's not the easiest thing being a schitzophrenic split-personality for a living.

Comment

Bale bailed

Ledger, by all accounts, to "get into the role" of the Joker, holed himself up in a hotel room for a month (effectively putting himself into solitary confinement) to get into the mindset of being a lunatic.

Bale refused to speak to anyone on set, including the director, to "get into" the idea of an aloof, lone vigilante.

Ledger we all know about, and now Bale's allegedly given his own Mum a smack. Batman, of course, is famously an orphan.

This is art imitating life imitating art a bit too far, if you ask me. There's method acting, then there's insanity. Martin Sheen actually smashing that mirror up on the set of opening scene of Apocalypse Now, and ending up bleeding and crying on the floor (apparantly nothing he was asked to do, he just did it and they kept it in the film) comes to mind ...

Comment

Bale bailed

This is art imitating life imitating art a bit too far, if you ask me. There's method acting, then there's insanity. Martin Sheen actually smashing that mirror up on the set of opening scene of Apocalypse Now, and ending up bleeding and crying on the floor (apparantly nothing he was asked to do, he just did it and they kept it in the film) comes to mind ...
        he was suffering from alcoholism and that was the last time he drank

Comment

Bale bailed

Bale is, in my opinion, the best actor around right now. No-one gets into a character as much as him. Witness him in The Machinist for an example of how he genuinely suffers for his art. The fact he's British makes me even more more proud of him too. In short, he's one of my heroes.

I really hope he isn't a woman-beater.

Comment

Bale bailed

Well, in just about every interview he's ever given he's said how crazy acting is, and how it's tough to have a grip on reality when your job is living a fantasy. (I mean, when you really look at it, is it really that big a surprise that Scientology is that big amongst actors ?)

Also, look at him in American Psycho, and it's a little too real. He was also a child actor, so we all know what that means.

Comment

Bale bailed

I actually liked Bale in American Psycho because that was the nearest to broadish comedy I've ever seen him do. He's a fine actor, but I'm just getting a little tired of him appearing in all these recent roles that call for him to be tortured, anguish and 'dark' every moment of his appearance on film. Not asking him to be Rik Mayall, but I sort of groan a bit whenever I see any up-and-coming Bale movie where the corners of his gob are downturned grimly, along with furrowed brow. Again.

Oh, great, I think, another world-weary, serious portrait from the man himself. It's like he's being type-cast by mood in what are admittedly different roles. And I also hope Bale's 'domestic' was violence-free.

And, on Sheen's behaviour on Apocalypse, well, just chuck in the heart attack he had with everything else. Coppola's 'little by little, we went insane' phrase wasn't coined for nothing.

Comment

Bale bailed

Ledger, by all accounts, to "get into the role" of the Joker, holed himself up in a hotel room for a month (effectively putting himself into solitary confinement) to get into the mindset of being a lunatic.

Bale refused to speak to anyone on set, including the director, to "get into" the idea of an aloof, lone vigilante.
                This is reminding me of that famous quote from Laurence Olivier to Dustin Hoffman on the set of Marathon Man: "Dear boy, why don't you just act?"

Comment

Bale bailed

"Not asking him to be Rik Mayall.."

Indeed, I would much prefer if Rik Mayall wasn't Rik Mayall.

Nice quote from Olivier there - if there's anything designed to piss me off it's Methody Bollocks.

Comment

Bale bailed

AdeC jr — who takes his comic-book movies almost as seriously as Reed — is less impressed with Bale's acting skills:

"Heath Ledger did do an awesome performance, I'm glad that wasn't all hype. Its just a damn shame that Christian Bale sounded like he needed a Fisherman's Friend through the whole film, and looks like he's wearing dentures."

if there's anything designed to piss me off it's Methody Bollocks.

Does it really matter how an actor gets into his role, provided he succeeds?

Comment

Bale bailed

Bale says that when he's doing a role, he stays in the accent for the role 24/7 until shooting is over. That's probably why he sounds more American now than Welsh.

Bale wasn't especially tortured, angry or dark in Rescue Dawn, about a downed pilot who escaped captivity in Vietnam. He's rather upbeat, actually.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him next year in the film about John Dillinger. He plays the guy (whose name eludes me) who eventually brought Dillinger down, and said he did a lot of research by meeting the guy's family and what not. The man himself is to be played by Johnny Depp. I believe Michael Mann is directing. Should be fantastic.

I addressed the Fisherman's Friend issue on the Batman thread. It's part of his disguise (although it sounds a bit silly). Tim Conroy, the guy who did the voice for the animated series, had a better handle on how to change Bruce Wayne's voice to Batman's.

Comment

Bale bailed

I'm looking forward to this

Comment

Bale bailed

I love how Bale's mother is a former circus clown. I just imagine her squirting him in the eye one too many times with one of those squirty flowers.

"Mum, I'm trying to get in the zone here!"

*squirt*

Comment

Bale bailed

That's probably why he sounds more American now than Welsh.
                            He was born in Wales, but I don't think he lived there long.

Comment

Bale bailed

Perhaps not, but I think he grew up in Britain and now he sounds almost completely American in interviews.

I've often wondered how actors manage to maintain their native accents. I'd think that if they did a lot of roles in other accents that their normal speech would begin to take on the sound of those accents subconsciously, but that usually doesn't seem to be the case.

Comment

Bale bailed

From quotes i've read, he considers himself English, rather than Welsh.

Comment

Bale bailed

I had this particular problem with Mr. Sugar Tits himself, Mel Gibson, where his earlier career saw his accent fluctuate between heavy Strine and gidouddahere All-American, both in film and interview. I was wondering from where exactly he was supposed to be.

Comment

Bale bailed

On the subject of Bale's temper, there was an IMDB report on the set of Terminator: Salvation where he flew into a strop (a few days before his hotel barney) and threatened to kick the cameraman's ass all over the shop because he didn't get a specific angle right.

A lead role in a few rom-coms should do him some good.

Comment

Bale bailed

Bale should be made to clean toilets for a few months.

I detest fuckers like him, who have one of the best and comfiest and most well-paid jobs in the world and still choose to make life hard for those less powerful.

Comment

Bale bailed

Australians seem to be more prone to "accent erosion" in Hollywood than Scots or English or Austrians, for example.

It goes the other way too. I have a friend from high school who has been living in Sydney for about the last 12 years. He now sounds fully Australian. My cousin from Iowa who now lives in Melbourne does too, with every sentence she says sounding like a question.

Comment

Bale bailed

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
                                          Australians seem to be more prone to "accent erosion" in Hollywood than Scots or English or Austrians, for example.
                                          I watched the entire run of Six Feet Under without knowing that Rachel Griffiths was Australian.

Comment

Bale bailed

Yes, she's very good at playing Americans.

When watching films or TV, I sometimes find myself subconciously playing "Spot the Canadian," and often they turn out to be Australians. For example, the girl who is going to play Alice in Tim Burton's adaptation of Alice in Wonderland (although it could be said that all of his films are sort of adaptations of Alice in Wonderland) is from Canberra, but when she was on the HBO series "In Treatment" I thought she sounded Canadian. Something about the "ou" sounds.

Comment

Bale bailed

Hieronymus of Hesselink wrote:
                                              Bale should be made to clean toilets for a few months.

I detest fuckers like him, who have one of the best and comfiest and most well-paid jobs in the world and still choose to make life hard for those less powerful.
                                              Damned right.

That's why I like so much of what I hear about George Clooney. He turns up on time, knows his lines and wants to get on with it whilst being perfectly polite with all on set.

Comment

Bale bailed

Tony C wrote:
                                                Nice quote from Olivier there - if there's anything designed to piss me off it's Methody Bollocks.
                                                Yeah, she's a really annoying actress.

Comment

Bale bailed

Heh.

Using capitals like that for emphasis is a bad habit I've got into.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X