Neighbours whodunnit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbours whodunnit

So as not to hijack the Chris Grayling thread on World any more, but mainly because it's about time OTF had a thread dedicated to the soap most people stopped watching 15-20 years ago.

Bored of Education wrote: It can't be Toadie. It is too obvious that he didn't but is likely to end up arrested and possibly debarred. Mason is too obvious as well but he really looks like the most likely suspect. Why would he be fixing the car to look like new? I don't think he had been told about Robbo by then either.
    Mason definitely knows who it was, and fixing the car was to protect them. But it would be too much of an anti-climax if it were either him (biggest motive for longest time) or Toadie (circumstantial evidence all set up to point to him). Same goes for Paul, ordinarily the most likely character to leave someone for dead.

There is an argument that it could be Paul Robinson's hired hand but I think that Robbo's "spineless" accusation just before he is hit only narrows it down to people he already knows and is not afraid of. I reckon that leaves Mason, Toadie, Amber and perhaps Imogen
    And Matt. Has the motive, and would fit with Robbo's last words. Going into more unlikely suspects, Karl being called into work in the middle of the night should be suspicious, the hospital looks very big and should have enough staff on duty to deal with one badly injured patient.

They may go the way of various Scooby Doo episodes and have it being a hitherto unseen character like Clarence the caretaker.
    How about Mason's ex from Mount Isa, Rhiannon?

Neighbours whodunnit

..or Dee, Toadie's ex.

Actually, it could turn out to be Chris' boyfriend

Comment

Neighbours whodunnit

Oh, oh, what about Josh?

Comment

Neighbours whodunnit

It'll be the ghost of Priya.

Comment

Neighbours whodunnit

Well, interesting. It appears that it isn't Marty who was the Clarence the caretaker of the piece. I am completely confused now. I can only think that it is one of the other guys who played in the card games.

Comment

Neighbours whodunnit

Can Marty really be ruled out yet? I'm sticking with my Amber hunch anyway.

Comment

Neighbours whodunnit

That was a well played ending to the mystery, bit disappointed with the identity of the culprit in the end though.

Comment

Neighbours whodunnit

I give you

Actually, it could turn out to be Chris' boyfriend
                It was a bit "Ah, it was the newest character obviously on a short-term contract", wasn't it? It's not like he was hepped up on steroids when he did it either.

I am not sure the "Who dobbed him in?" is going to be quite as suspenseful

Comment

Neighbours whodunnit

Yes, a cop-out choice when the suspects were essentially "good people" plus one character not yet fleshed out. But also because the show's got quite a poor track record with diversity and with the character being from two minority groups.

I guess the clue was there when Hudson looked completely surprised that Don had confirmed his alibi.

With hindsight the police could've solved it much earlier if they'd thought to match the voice that called for an ambulance with the recordings of their interrogations.

Comment

Neighbours whodunnit

Actually, both Neighbours and Home and Away (when I watched it) are astonishingly bad with minority representation. I know they aren't documentaries but they still should be better. Even Coronation Street is better than them.

I know that Summer Bay is supposed to be a small town but Erinsborough is a suburb of Melbourne which I have always assumed was quite multi-racial.

Comment

Neighbours whodunnit

I wrote: But also because the show's got quite a poor track record with diversity
                      Although Josie has two female parents, so there's a bit of an advance.

This mayoral election story isn't working, people will know that Paul is Therese's boss, and if he wanted to abolish the parking charges he's already got the authority to. Besides, no trade union would let him get away with setting unrealistic targets and the threat of being sacked for not reaching them.

Comment

Neighbours whodunnit

Yes, where did that come from with Josie's mothers. A pleasing development on many fronts?

Yes, the Paul thing is a bit crap. It is like they have decided he hasn't done anything really evil and unbelievable for a while so they wrote it.

I think they could have done something more with the excellently deranged Gem than just come up with another pupil/teacher romance. That's the third that I can think of. It's a wonder Erinsborough High is still open.

Comment

Neighbours whodunnit

Yes, the Paul thing is a bit crap. It is like they have decided he hasn't done anything really evil and unbelievable for a while so they wrote it.
                          Agreed, and that donation to the school that's given Susan a dilemma, I think we're supposed to have forgotten Paul is still the Chair of the school's board of Governors.

I think they could have done something more with the excellently deranged Gem than just come up with another pupil/teacher romance. That's the third that I can think of. It's a wonder Erinsborough High is still open.
                          True, although darker this time – where Kate made a mistake and instantly regretted it, and Angus thought he was in love with Rachel, whereas Gem is predatory and her actions when faced with being reported have been Savilesque. "Excellently deranged" is spot on, her voice and eyes are creepy and I keep wondering what the actress's normal voice is like, and whether she's wearing coloured contacts.

Comment

Neighbours whodunnit

I'd forgotten about Angus and Rachel. I was thinking of Libby and Taj.

As you can see, from this earlier picture of the actress that plays Gem when she was in 'Home and Away', she looked much the same then.

Comment

Neighbours whodunnit

Oh yes, Libby. She carried on teaching at the same school, as did Kate (in fact the school begged her to come back, and she didn't even resume the teaching degree she'd dropped out of), but Angus was ran out of town.

Comment

Working...
                              X