Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corey Montieth is dead

**Spolier Alert***

Cars, the original, had a nice story about a jerk who becomes a good guy, a lonely good guy who gets a best friend, and a little old
    Route '66 town that gets a new lease on life. It was just lovely all around.

Cars 2, even with Finn McMissile, was a slap-together of an Italian Bond spoof and Cannonball Run. No heart. No soul.

Comment

Corey Montieth is dead

Harry Truscott wrote:
      Originally posted by WOM
      Originally posted by Harry Truscott
      Did your children just totally miss out season 2, WOM? It had a real dip in quality compared to 1 & 3 but I would imagine not seeing it may leave the continuity a bit awry.
      They can simultaneously hold the opinion that God and ghosts makes no sense at all, but Santa Clause and The Tooth Fairy are real and generous entities. So straddling the Season 1 to 3 continuity gap hasn't been much of a problem.
      Really? I applaud their perspicacity then. I still worry that having seen 'Cars 2' but not 'Cars' I have somehow missed too many nuances of plot and character development.
      You are right to worry. I am astonished that "2" makes any sense to you at all. Actually, you have to watch it for the "ubiquity of John Ratezenberger" riff over the end credits. You will love that.

Am I the only one that, upon hearing Finn McMissile, get a Phil Mcafferty, well, earworm?

Comment

Corey Montieth is dead

I've certainly seen bits of 'Cars' (including the end credits), you couldn't fail to living with my son. I may even have seen the whole film by now but I've definitely ever sat down and seen it in one siting.

Comment

Corey Montieth is dead

Fucking hell, smack and booze apparently. I didn't realise he had a history of being an addict as well.

Montieth not Mcmissile, to be clear

Comment

Corey Montieth is dead

These kinds of reports always need to carry celeb tweets. Now, it's fair enough to quote people whose association with the story's subject are referred to, but I have no idea why Mia Farrow's incisive commentary - "Rest in peace Cory Monteith. Sad, very very sad." - has any relevance at all.

Comment

Working...
            X