Family Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Tree

Christopher Guest, Christopher Dowd and Nina Conti. A comedy genius writing for a funny actor and the gorgeous and funny Nina Conti and it's on HBO. Well worth a go, I reckon. All improvised a la Sinal Tap/Best in Show.

Actually, I am not sure I ever knew that Tap was all improvised.

Family Tree

I saw the first episode. Much as I think Christopher Dowd is a comedy genius, I was not immediately taken with it. But I shall give it another chance. It has only eight episodes in the first season, so it won't be a hardship to watch them all and be slightly underwhelmed.

Comment

Family Tree

Isn't it O'Dowd?

I'm stunned to read someone describing Nina Conti as "funny."
      Perhaps she is when she isn't doing ventriloquism appallingly. I mean, ventriloquism is about as funny as punching yourself in the nuts anyway, but she's spectacularly bad.

Comment

Family Tree

Yeah, that put me off most of all when I saw the first episode. Oddly, I had forgotten about what exactly it was that had annoyed me, but it was that storyline.

Comment

Family Tree

Thirded. Chris Dowd and Michael McKean were appealing, but the parts with the sister and her damn puppet were so excruciatingly annoying that I quit watching.

Comment

Family Tree

It's still O'Dowd.

Comment

Family Tree

Did anyone see Chris Dowd on that Norton chap's show the other week. He's a very funny man, is Chris Dowd.

Comment

Family Tree

O, thanks for that...

Comment

Working...
                X