No announcement yet.

Has there been a thread about Borgen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave up 1.5 episodes into the new series after finally running out of patience with the girlboss central character. I assume by this point she's not meant to be likeable, but more importantly she's not interesting either.

Comment

I had a debate with frau imp about this. She thought it was a good portrayal of an idealist being swayed by power and the desire to hold on to it. I thought it was sledge-hammered, like a lot in this series, and didn't jibe with the character we'd got to know and like in previous series. Though of course SPOILERS you knew she'd come back from the dark side in the finale, but that didn't make the plot arc any more credible.

Comment

I enjoyed it as a "good hang" - the familiarity of watching those characters again (in the exposition-heavy first episode they acknowledge this with Katrine saying something like "it's like everything's back to normal" when the news team re-assembles), the shots of Copenhagen, etc.

But as already mentioned, the storylines lacked the sort of subtlety that the early series had, everything was signposted from miles away and a lot of the drama was forced from people making out-of-character stupid moves. It felt like it needed a couple more episodes to let things develop properly.

The "resurrection" scene where Birgitte literally gets up off the floor was bizarre and out of place.

For one second it looked like Kasper was coming back, and then they snatched it away.

I'll re-watch it one day but won't rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
          For one second it looked like Kasper was coming back, and then they snatched it away.
          Yes! That was just cruel. He must have read the script and decided to steer well clear.

Comment

Working...
          X