Generation Kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generation Kill

I'm up to episode 5 now. This is fucking brilliant.

There's something almost camp or kitsch about "Iceman" Colbert's whole act, the cool, unflappable deep thinker with the enigmatic thousand yard stare and the connection with nature ("I'm inclined to trust the birds..."). It's starting to crack me up.

Of course, he may have survived successive onslaughts from assorted Jihadists and the Republican Guard, but he got completely pwned by Lady Gaga...

Oh, and I also wanted to say that my "lions led by donkeys" quote upthread was lazy. There aren't lions led by donkeys. They're twats led by cunts.

Comment

Generation Kill

I'm a big fan of Rolling Stone guy. Hardly says or does anything, although when he does it bounces back on him hilariously. But his role is really important, as "one of us" looking on.

Comment

Generation Kill

OK, so I made it through to the very end, still in a state of considerable confusion about who all the characters are. You know, you hear someone saying "Fuckin' Captain America..." or "Fuckin' Encino Man..." but you've never seen those characters referred to by that name in actual scenes they appear in.

Only now have I been able to go on Wikipedia and fill in the gaps. (I didn't do so beforehand for fear of spoileration.)

Very good series, though. I'm quite interested in reading the book now. Has anyone here read it? I wonder how much Evan Davis' take on things differs with Simon & Burns' (which becomes more and more noticeable as the series go on), or whether it dovetails.

More likely, though, I'll just re-watch with subtitles and commentary, a la Wire.

Comment

Generation Kill

Pedantically: It's Evan Wright SR.

Evan Davies is the news-gnome who presents Dragon's Den.

Comment

Generation Kill

Fuck. I've never even watched Dragon's Den, so I resent that name seeping into my consciousness. I'm hoping I just typed 'Davies' because it's the sort of generic Welshy name you'd expect to follow 'Evan'.

Comment

Generation Kill

is it 4 years? i have caught up with this show this half term.

superb.

obvious spot for the two wire characters listed above, a bit off the radar at the time but Michael Kelly as the leader of alpha company before becoming kevin spay's lacky in house of cards

mish is my favourite character

nice to see SR getting involved

Comment

Working...
              X