No announcement yet.

Philip Go-field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly but I think comparison to an abusive predator like Spacey is a big stretch at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      The elephant in the room is that the reaction would have been far less career-ending if the colleague had been a woman. Maybe a suspension then back in the Autumn.

The Heil's involvement also means he's been blackmailed into a confession, which creates a storm of fake scandal.

We have a member of royalty, the King's son, still walking free having had sex with a trafficked underage girl and the Heil wants you to think Schofield is worse.

Handy distraction from the news the UK is heading for economic catastrophe.
      the kings brother i think

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
        Possibly but I think comparison to an abusive predator like Spacey is a big stretch at this point.
        I suggest you stay clear of Twitter right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

the kings brother i think
          Yes, apologies.

Comment

I think it will come down to whether there's evidence he was intentionally using his mentoring activities to groom future sexual partners. This lad was ten when Scofield met him. It would presumably get you sacked as a 55 year old teacher if you had an affair with a 20 year old ex-pupil you'd groomed since they were 10. In the US you'd be in legal jeopardy for sex with a student below 21 and fired for sex with a student of any age (it's in our contract).

Comment

The victim was a teenager when the relationship started. As you say, Schofield had allegedly known him since he was 10. Schofield was a married man. It's just awful behaviour, reliant on the influence of power and celebrity over the very young and impressionable. Perhaps the cases of Jonathan King or Tim Westwood are more similar?

Comment

Hmmm. Some pennies dropping for me

Comment

A married man having an affair with a teenager, allegedly, is worrying. The huge power imbalance involved raises many red flags. It also appears to be an open secret in media circles about what he was doing.

Comment

Never mind media circles, This story that he was having an affair with a junior member of staff came out nearly 3 1/2 fucking years ago. Are we supposed to believe that it took itv that long to figure out that he had been less than truthful with them?

Comment

I'm guessing hellish stuff is to follow in short order.

Comment

The story is about abuse of power by a predator but I fear the media is going to full in on the gay angle, as if he were being protected by ITV's fears of upsetting the "woke crowd". Grooming is overwhelming a hetero thing but we won't be hearing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                          I'm guessing hellish stuff is to follow in short order.
                          And that hellish stuff might be true or completely made up. But Schofield's actions have left him completely open for anyone to come forward and destroy what's left of his reputation.

As TAB and a variety of well known people on Twitter are saying, this should have been in the news over 3 years ago.

I think the gay angle is one of the few things saving him right now, those well known people are being cautious due to the danger of homophobia. But as is repeated on this thread, sexuality isn't the issue here.

Comment

Presented without comment:

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1662512242997248003

Comment

What grounds have we established for her being a "fucking liar"?

Comment

It appears that several other people did know; she's claiming to not have known until yesterday. She also has an obvious motive to lie, wishing to keep her job. If that's not sufficient, I'll retract the post.

Comment

Up to you, but it's conjecture not fact

Comment

(at this point at least)

Comment

Fair point. I have deleted.

Comment

I'd be fucking amazed if she didn't.

Comment

Not much love or respect for Holly on the Twitter at the moment either. And news that ITV are planning to axe This Morning altogether.

Comment

I saw somewhere a headline saying ITV have denied planning to can the programme, apparently. Didn't read the story, but yeah.

Comment

They also denied getting rid of Schofield until they did.

Comment

Programmes have been axed for less... but then, they've stayed on air for more.

Comment

There's a Twitter video of outtakes in which the young man is doing mock interviews with Holly and Phillip. Which suggests it was an open secret to the whole production team.

The big take away, I guess, is how to support whistleblowing in all walks of life, especially employment and education. There must be a secure and safe way for whistleblowers to share their concerns which are neither brushed under the carpet nor triggers a nuclear response option. But sadly, they seem to be the reactions to whistleblowing and those reactions are based upon how much financial damage is caused to an institution.

Comment

I mean, i’ve known for 3 or 4 years and I don’t work anywhere near TV…

Comment

Working...
                                                    X