Is there a 'Family Guy' thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're showing the first season on BBC2 and 3 at the moment. Lois' voice is also slightly less nasal than in the later series.

Comment

PS: I love Family Guy, Futurama and The Simpsons.

The second Futurama film wasn't much good though, I thought.

Comment

Are those lines funny in context? I have to tell you they aren't convincing me.

Last night I told an 11-year-old that some odd people thought Futurama was funny. But she was on your side.

Comment

Bender's favourite words:

10. Chump
          9. Chumpette
          8. Yours
          7. Up
          6. Pimpmobile
          5. Bite
          4. My
          3. Shiny
          2. Daffodil
          1. Ass

Comment

I have to be in the mood for any of the big 4 cartoons. They all have their classics. The james bond simpsons with Scorpio is as good as it gets, Some recent South Parks have been scream out loud funny and Family Guy has got more malignant every series.

But the bit in Futurama where there was a fight scene and the Star Trek fight music came on made me fall off my sofa. Brilliant.

Duh duh, duh duh
            DA DA DA, DAA DUH!!

Comment

And then I remembered this ;-)

Comment

I tried again the other evening. I watched a whole Futurama. It wasn't funny! I'm sorry. I guess I just don't get it.

Comment

It's great. Even Spangles likes it and we don't agree on comedy at all. The crazy woman doesn't like;

Peep Show
                  Alan Partridge (or any Steve Coogan in fact)
                  The Office

And probably a couple of other things that are great. Meanwhile she loves all that Buffy and Angel nonsense, but Futurama is something that we can both agree on.

Comment

I tried again the other evening. I watched a whole Futurama. It wasn't funny! I'm sorry. I guess I just don't get it.
                    I wouldn't go so far as not funny at all, but yeah, I think it's wildly overrated. About half the characters are completely useless, and Bender is just too much of a comedy sledgehammer for me. It doesn't seem to have anything like the pace and joke density of classic Simpsons, either.

Comment

The Horse wrote:
                      I wouldn't go so far as not funny at all, but yeah, I think it's wildly overrated. About half the characters are completely useless, and Bender is just too much of a comedy sledgehammer for me. It doesn't seem to have anything like the pace and joke density of classic Simpsons, either.
                      Overrated is about right.

Not funny is not quite. I dont like Futurama, but that doesnt mean it isnt good.

Actually, it does. Family Guy is perfect.

Comment

Well, I saw my first two episodes of Family Guy on Saturday night, quite drunk. I pissed myself laughing at the opening part of one of them where an anchor man is snickering at the horrible death of a family.

It was quite amusing, although one of my friends accused me of being almost exactly like the baby in the way I voice objections to things I don't like. Actually, on reflection, fair enough.

Comment

I'm beginning to like it more and more (I've probably posted a 50-50 opinion somewhere back in this thread), and, on some barren evenings (and there are many), I find myself popping to BBC6 (despite my better judgement) and FX to seek out a couple of episodes. They rarely disappoint.

And the guest stars. One recent episode had the name 'Ray Liotta' someway down the credit list.

If you're going to see Hellboy 2, Seth McFarlane - Peter Griffin, Stewie and Brian, no less - is the voice of Johahn Krause, a wisp of smoke that wears a diving suit.

Comment

I would also add that it caused me to snort red wine on myself when a funny comment coincided with a mouthful of booze.

Comment

Working...
                            X