Mr Bachmann and his class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Bachmann and his class

Very long (3 1/2 hours) documentary film about a teacher and his class in a small German town in Hessen in which not very much happens and I was completely gripped.

won the silver bear in Berlin, a couple of years ago. On Mubi for a few more days.

recommend

Stadtallendorf is a classic Wirtschaftswunder city.

Its population grew almost ten times between 1946 and 1970, and more than a quarter of the population has a Migrationshintergrund.

One of the major employers is Ferrero, which makes Nutella among other things.

I am going to try to find this.

Comment

Nef,

How do you find Mubi in general?

It is the one film streaming platform that I can see myself subscribing to.

Comment

ursus arctos I like it- I like the format of there being 30 really eclectic films that you have a month to watch - there's usually something in there that's interesting, it's very well curated I think and occasionally as with Mr Bachmann you encounter a gem you wouldn't normally see,

I really like the internationalism- the current 30 has films from China, Africa, Cuba Japan, Korea Europe and the US, and they are increasingly getting involved in streaming Indies films - like Aftersun. And they have a really good collection of shorts and other films.

Comment

That all sounds very appealing

Thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
            Very long (3 1/2 hours) documentary film about a teacher and his class in a small German town in Hessen in which not very much happens and I was completely gripped.

won the silver bear in Berlin, a couple of years ago. On Mubi for a few more days.

recommend
            Never heard of it but it sounds a bit like the wonderful Etre et avoir.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

Never heard of it but it sounds a bit like the wonderful Etre et avoir.
              Yes- a different kind of school - older children 12-14 vast majority with Migrationshintergrund- Turkish/ Bulgarian/Moroccan,- in a small town wit a lot of heavy industry.

Comment

Working...
              X