No announcement yet.

Public Information Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that that's all part of the nostalgic charm, tbh - those of us old enough to remember 'em first time around would likely have seen them in such definition back then anyway. (The Charlie Says DVD offers up a reasonable clutch of PIFs in good definition. Must dig that out again.)

Comment

looking back, using a baby girl in Children and Ponds was pretty cynical of them. They knew that adults watching would react more to a little girl in danger. A little boy of that age is often called a "little man".

Comment

Cynical or just trying to push every button they can to make the point? Possibly the same thing, come to think of it.

Comment

Someone should do a BBC local radio interview with people who were featured in PIFs as children. Not all are still alive - Terry Sue-Patt who was in Lonely Water is now dead - but some of their reactions to the PIF fan cultists would be interesting to hear. The woman who was the little girl "Sal" in Andy Lights the Fire, is probably hurt by the comments online making fun of her strong accent as a child.

Comment

I don't frequent any such sites, but I think that the majority of folk who remember the PIFs do so with fondness, don't they? They were very much 'of their time', and I'm sure largely viewed through such lenses.

As for being potentially 'hurt' by online comments, well that risk applies to pretty much everyone with access to the internet.

Comment

Thank you. Again the use of children in PIFs/PSAs is worth exploring in a feature on radio or TV.

Comment

This is the female child version of a well known British PSA (they did a male child version as well). The man doing the voice over is in a lot of British adverts and PIFs from this period.

Comment

Working...
                X