Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy First Contact Day

NHH wrote: What I didn't get was this:

Why did new-Spock have to get the low-down on Khan from old Spock? Given that the events of this new ST universe date from the time of Kirk's birth, anything prior to this will be as was, like the SS Botany Bay being sent out into space after the defeat of Khan and his crew.
    Because the timeline has been changed (e.g. the destruction of Vulcan) and that meant Marcus brought Khan and his crew back to use them to arm the Federation. Old Spock's knowledge is from an alternate reality now.

And what Rogin said.

Comment

Happy First Contact Day

To Jongudmund

Yes, but whilst that explains why they weren't found by the Enterprise as previous but by Marcus, it doesn't explain why there is no knowledge of what they did centuries earlier to warrant expulsion in cryogenic stasis.

Comment

Happy First Contact Day

Good point, NHH.

Comment

Happy First Contact Day

RobW wrote: Alice Eve clearly introduced as something for Kirk to chase around, though quite why she needed to strip to her undies for one shot, I don't know.
          Me neither. Although the film-makers have at least apologised for that particular scene.

Comment

Happy First Contact Day

My sister got one of those Android smart phones with the Google voice search.

One of the first things we tried was "tea, earl grey, hot."

Comment

Happy First Contact Day

Kids these days. It obviously should've been "Open the pod bay doors".

Comment

Happy First Contact Day

My favourite bit of the Star Trek franchise is when the fans don't come on to the internet to talk about it in weird, obsessive reverence.

Comment

Happy First Contact Day

That's how most people feel about the Manchester United franchise, too.

Comment

Happy First Contact Day

It's certainly how I feel about it, yet you continue to bring them up.

Comment

Happy First Contact Day

Every time I burp. I'm an ABUlimic.

Comment

Happy First Contact Day

It's a reflux action.

Comment

Happy First Contact Day

I love your guy's scrap: it's like Every Which Way But Loose: two men, swinging away, staggering through topics, trying to land that final blow. I like the idea that you'll both end up in "Euro 2008", pawing, gasping and spitting teeth.

Comment

Happy First Contact Day

Rogin knows that all he has to do to win is to actually go to a game. It's why he never will.

Comment

Happy First Contact Day

We're more like Peter and the chicken off Family Guy .

Comment

Working...
                              X